• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Bubba Starling says he can give Martinez a run for his money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bubba's case is a lot like the one of Joe Mauer. Mauer as most of you know, was the #1 overall recruit in the country in 2001. He signed with Florida State but chose Baseball. I think the same happens with Bubba. I dont think he could/should say no to the money he is going to be offered after being a likely top 3-5 MLB pick.

He had better be coming to Lincoln to play or he needs to not make proclamations about winning position battles. Kind of cheesy to make a bunch of claims and then not show up to back up your statements. If he is still undecided, then he should keep his mouth shut. JMO.

+100

He had better be coming to Lincoln to play or he needs to not make proclamations about winning position battles. Kind of cheesy to make a bunch of claims and then not show up to back up your statements. If he is still undecided, then he should keep his mouth shut. JMO.
Excellent point, couldn't agree more. Maybe Bubba is coming to Lincoln after all.

He would beat out Martinez if there was a real/fair competition.

Here we go....raise your hand if you thought Cody Green should start and would do 100 times better than Zac Lee after the Virginia Tech game last season? Most fans thought he would be the person that would come right in and turn this offense into a scoring machine. Now, a season and a half later, we're not even putting him in the top 3 QB's on our team next year.
Now we're doing the same thing once again, this time with Bubba Starling, a kid who is looking great in high school, who we all hope comes here instead of the MLB. But the reality is, we have no idea how good he will be at the college level. How in the world do we know he'll come in and be better then Martinez, Carnes, Green, Turner, or whoever else? Sure, I hope he is the next Frazier/Frost/Crouch, but until then, he could be just as much of a bust as he could be a superstar.

Will Taylor call Daddy again if Carnes, Turner and Bubba (if he comes) are putting the heat on him during spring/fall camps?

Thats cute and all, but for a kid that will never play a down for NU he is best keeping these proclamations to himself....especially the way he said he was practicing this week which was not good

My opinion only. Martinez won't be back, and from everything I've heard, Bubba's coming. Will he start? That would be a bit presumptuous, but if is here for the spring, he'll be in the mix.

he cant be here for the spring he still has high school basketball and his meal ticket baseball sport in the spring

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back