• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Brendan 'Bookie' Radley-Hiles is N!!! (#36 in Rivals Top 100) Update: SILENT COMMIT SINCE APR 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

That is a very good and underrated thing, to have a young man smile after he has faced such tragedy in his life and the pressure of committment. When I met Bookie Saturday I asked him if he expected this much celebrity. His response was cool and collected, he just said "I'm doing alright with it" and smiled. He was so accomodating to our fans and just seemed to soak everything in a day after his formal committment. I couldn't help but think that he was such a mature and appreciative young man.

ESPN has rated a ton more guys. Nebraska actually had a few guys get bumps in grades but dropped in rankings...

Manuel Allen went from #101 to #167 (but is now an 83 rather than a 82)
Eric Fuller went from #132 to #174 (but is now an 83 rather than a 82)
Cameron Jurgens went from #191 to #230 (but is now an 81 rather than a 80)
Masry Mapieu went from a 79 overall and #258 (they had 3*'s in their initial Top 300) and is now a 78

ESPN still really likes Nebraska's class overall. Tate Wildeman and Will Farniok are 79's, which is obviously right on the cusp on being a four-star (80).

Bookie went from #66 to #187, lol. Yeah, okay ESPN.
If this does not prove that there are some at ESPN who really do not like us. I do not know what else to point to. Nothing else has changed since his commitment.
1. the season has been over for 3 months
2. The summer camp season has not started
3. He moved from on of the best teams in Cali to one of the best in the country.
4. The only change has been his commitment to NE.

Can someone in the know explain to a novice why there is such a discrepancy in his ratings from one source to another?
35, 37, 187 ???? What's in play here?

ESPN isn't exactly the best source for sports information especially recruiting. They are the most prominent but they are clearly focused on entertainment over sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back