• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

BREAKING: OU's Mike Stoops is Interviewing With Les Miles, LSU

I'm missing something. That wasn't even in the same ball park as many of Bo's confrontational comments, but you keep dreaming, CM.

Yeah, you are missing something. Those and others of BOb's (and many other CFB coaches) public comments match or are worse than Bo's public comments.

And if you think they aren't also saying things even more harshly behind closed doors, you're fooling yourself.

One of my favorite confrontational Stoop's moments is when he called out the press for constantly harrassing and degrading coaches, but then whining if a coach call the press out for their antics (it was in response to the Gundy "I'm a man" situation).

As of right now, he has President Boren (whom many are getting tired of) and AD Castiglione on his side. Boren's son is married to OC Josh Huepel's sister, so it makes for an odd situation. Stoops himself is safe, for now, but the heat is being turned up. Also, next year, thier schedule gets much tougher. @Tennessee, @Baylor, @Oklahoma State, @Kansas State. Texas will be much improved, and TCU could be better than this year. Unless major things change, they could duplicate this season next year, if they are lucky.

Not to mention, OU has massive QB issues, major issues on defense, and I'm pretty sure they also graduate 4/5 of the OL. Also, many people I know personally are not renewing thier season tx next year, all while they are trying to raise 400m for stadium renovations. No matter what 24 says, life isn't rosy in Norman tight now.

Where did I say things were rosy?

To compare Bo and Bob with respect to public persona and professionalism is laughable. Then we could talking about respect in the CFB world, actual coaching and recruiting and...you name it; Bob >>>> Bo.

The only thing Bo wins in this competition is werewolf teeth snarls and saliva output toward anyone within spitting distance.

Where did I say things were rosy?
You said Bob was under zero pressure. That's not true. No, he isn't gonna lose his job, yet, but it isn't peaches and cream in Norman right now. He IS feeling some heat/pressure. He has gotten complacent. I told you this last year. Fyi, I'm expecting another tough year for the Sooners next year. How tough? Maybe a tad worse than this year, we'll see.

To compare Bo and Bob with respect to public persona and professionalism is laughable. Then we could talking about respect in the CFB world, actual coaching and recruiting and...you name it; Bob >>>> Bo.

The only thing Bo wins in this competition is werewolf teeth snarls and saliva output toward anyone within spitting distance.

And cats. I'm not sure if Bob has a cat.

You said Bob was under zero pressure. That's not true. No, he isn't gonna lose his job, yet, but it isn't peaches and cream in Norman right now. He IS feeling some heat/pressure. He has gotten complacent. I told you this last year. Fyi, I'm expecting another tough year for the Sooners next year. How tough? Maybe a tad worse than this year, we'll see.

All coaches are under the same pressure to win. I said he is in no danger of losing his job and he's not.

Do you follow OU/cfb?.
Stoops treats the media like ----. The difference is, he has won enough to keep them off his ass, for the most part. Although Tulsa World columnist John Hoover has publicly called for his job, as he does not see OU turning this around under Bob.

Part of the problem may also reside with the Big 12. Not sure tons of recruits wanna go to that confrence, it has a verrrry shaky future. Also, BAYLOR and TCU are getting recruits OU used to get, and so is A&M, since they moved to the SEC. See what happens when you hitch your little wagon to Texas? Lol.

Yeah, you are missing something. Those and others of BOb's (and many other CFB coaches) public comments match or are worse than Bo's public comments.

And if you think they aren't also saying things even more harshly behind closed doors, you're fooling yourself.

One of my favorite confrontational Stoop's moments is when he called out the press for constantly harrassing and degrading coaches, but then whining if a coach call the press out for their antics (it was in response to the Gundy "I'm a man" situation).

With every post you sound a little sillier in your defense of Bo. No one has issues with a coach who has a tense moment or two with the press. Bo had some very positive moments...sadly, they were the exception, not the norm. Trying to bring in other coaches worst moments and trying to spin them into what were almost daily barbs between Bo and just about the entire rest of the world is pretty pathetic.

Just look at the meager numbers of those who are in agreement with you and consider if you are possibly just wrong in this odd defense of someone who borders on indefensible.

With every post you sound a little sillier in your defense of Bo. No one has issues with a coach who has a tense moment or two with the press. Bo had some very positive moments...sadly, they were the exception, not the norm. Trying to bring in other coaches worst moments and trying to spin them into what were almost daily barbs between Bo and just about the entire rest of the world is pretty pathetic.

Just look at the meager numbers of those who are in agreement with you and consider if you are possibly just wrong in this odd defense of someone who borders on indefensible.

Are you ignorant or dishonest?

Please name even 10 of these supposed daily barbs.

And I honestly couldn't care less whether people on a message board agree with me, because I understand the need to rationalize. It's important to people to feel like NU was reasonable in firing a .700+ coach, and the easiest way is to demonize him. And that's exactly what you've done.

Stoops treats the media like ----. The difference is, he has won enough to keep them off his ass, for the most part. Although Tulsa World columnist John Hoover has publicly called for his job, as he does not see OU turning this around under Bob.

Part of the problem may also reside with the Big 12. Not sure tons of recruits wanna go to that confrence, it has a verrrry shaky future. Also, BAYLOR and TCU are getting recruits OU used to get, and so is A&M, since they moved to the SEC. See what happens when you hitch your little wagon to Texas? Lol.

He treats them better then Mike Gundy. :Biggrin:

I guess Nebraska needs to hitch their little wagon to someone. Lol

As of right now, he has President Boren (whom many are getting tired of) and AD Castiglione on his side. Boren's son is married to OC Josh Huepel's sister, so it makes for an odd situation. Stoops himself is safe, for now, but the heat is being turned up. Also, next year, thier schedule gets much tougher. @Tennessee, @Baylor, @Oklahoma State, @Kansas State. Texas will be much improved, and TCU could be better than this year. Unless major things change, they could duplicate this season next year, if they are lucky.

Not to mention, OU has massive QB issues, major issues on defense, and I'm pretty sure they also graduate 4/5 of the OL. Also, many people I know personally are not renewing thier season tx next year, all while they are trying to raise 400m for stadium renovations. No matter what 24 says, life isn't rosy in Norman tight now.

Absolutely correct. I have friends in Tulsa who are big time contributors. They have made several calls to Boren and the AD expressing their distaste for the current state of Sooner football. The AD has had to beat out several fires at donor meetings. As you state, "Things are not rosy in Norman, right now."

Are you ignorant or dishonest?

Please name even 10 of these supposed daily barbs.

And I honestly couldn't care less whether people on a message board agree with me, because I understand the need to rationalize. It's important to people to feel like NU was reasonable in firing a .700+ coach, and the easiest way is to demonize him. And that's exactly what you've done.

CM, you are ridiculous. Pelini is gone for good reason. He was a black eye to the program, a jerk as a representative of the University of Nebraska. His disgusting behavior was over the top. And, when he tried to pull the team down with his low level antics at his last meeting with them, that was about as low level and bush league as it gets. Good riddance to the guy. I hope Youngstown State knows what they are getting.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back