• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

BREAKING: OU's Mike Stoops is Interviewing With Les Miles, LSU

Bob isn't in any trouble.

Have you been on any of the Sooner chat forums? Their vitriol is epic, more than it ever was for Pelini on HM. If the "Big Oilies" decide it is time for Bobby to ride off into the sunset, he will be gone.

I honestly don't know why LSU would want a dumpster fire like Mike Stoops... Talk about unprofessional on the sideline, he makes Bo look calm... :confused:

Have you been on any of the Sooner chat forums? Their vitriol is epic, more than it ever was for Pelini on HM. If the "Big Oilies" decide it is time for Bobby to ride off into the sunset, he will be gone.

As of right now, he has President Boren (whom many are getting tired of) and AD Castiglione on his side. Boren's son is married to OC Josh Huepel's sister, so it makes for an odd situation. Stoops himself is safe, for now, but the heat is being turned up. Also, next year, thier schedule gets much tougher. @Tennessee, @Baylor, @Oklahoma State, @Kansas State. Texas will be much improved, and TCU could be better than this year. Unless major things change, they could duplicate this season next year, if they are lucky.

Not to mention, OU has massive QB issues, major issues on defense, and I'm pretty sure they also graduate 4/5 of the OL. Also, many people I know personally are not renewing thier season tx next year, all while they are trying to raise 400m for stadium renovations. No matter what 24 says, life isn't rosy in Norman tight now.

Shouldn't this be taking place on SoonerMax?

I find this thread quite enjoyable. Reminds me of the old days (early few years of Huskerpedia, 2000-2003), before the board became a fee board. We had numerous fans of OU, Horns, evil KSTCats and Buffs to name a few. It was so easy to lure OU and UT fans into a thread, then bait them into fighting, and away they went, page after page. One could just sit back and read, and enjoy. Personal insults were tolerated at a more liberal pace then.

I find this thread quite enjoyable. Reminds me of the old days (early few years of Huskerpedia, 2000-2003), before the board became a fee board. We had numerous fans of OU, Horns, evil KSTCats and Buffs to name a few. It was so easy to lure OU and UT fans into a thread, then bait them into fighting, and away they went, page after page. One could just sit back and read, and enjoy. Personal insults were tolerated at a more liberal pace then.

Ahhh, the good old days! I remember RuffBuff taking quite a beating after the yearly Colorado game, and vice versa.

Perhaps OU has men with an understanding of football running their program. No one in their right mind would fire Bob Stoops at this point, but (a majority?) of BBS fans aren't in their right minds..

Perhaps OU has men with an understanding of football running their program. No one in their right mind would fire Bob Stoops at this point, but (a majority?) of BBS fans aren't in their right minds..

Other than some bad losses of late, has Bob Stoops done much in the way of making a public ass of himself?

Other than some bad losses of late, has Bob Stoops done much in the way of making a public ass of himself?

Do you follow OU/cfb? This was just the first hit, but there are bunches:

[video=youtube_share;WlTkPxebvbA]http://youtu.be/WlTkPxebvbA[/video]

For the record, I loved his response in this video.

Oh, and if you want something from this season, check out his "so what" comment regarding social media fan complaints.

And again, I think he was spot on.

Oh, and if you want something from this season, check out his "so what" comment regarding social media fan complaints.

And again, I think he was spot on.

I'm missing something. That wasn't even in the same ball park as many of Bo's confrontational comments, but you keep dreaming, CM. Does he send you a check or gift cards for keeping his personality at the forefront of discussions still? If Bob picks a fight with the leadership at OU, he'd have the same result as Bo...even with his legacy of success.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back