• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bought in?

Once again, I am in no way blaming the fans for the failures of the team. Any negative thoughts from the fans can't influence the outcome during a game. I'm simply asking if the fanbase, by and large, is bought in to enduring the process long enough to get results. Which is absolutely contrary to what has happened in recent history.
Where've you been? We waited 7 looooong years with Bo and his teams were all worse than they were in year 2 (2009).

Last edited:

Interesting on what Mohammed Barry said on the team 'Buying In' and rebelling:

"We’ve said that stuff three years in a row,” Barry said. “I’m not going to keep putting it on that. I know what teams (with bad culture) look like. There were guys that literally did it deliberately, just wasn’t bought in, wanted to go against Coach. There’s no rebellious people on the team now. That’s not happening. That’s all shut down. It’s just people have to want it more, have to just be disciplined.”
That’s why Barry loosely disagreed with what freshman Wan’Dale Robinson said after NU’s loss to Indiana, when the respected young player said there were perhaps players on the team who still aren’t completely bought in.

There’s always room for context and for degrees, and Barry is adamant he’s seen major change over the past two years."
“It’s not that people are just rebelling against him, that’s the difference. When people say that everyone is not bought in, I think that’s what people are thinking is, 'Oh, they have guys on the team that are rebelling.' No, that’s not the case. … Last year? Yes, it was. It’s not the case this year, we’ve just got to get more deep on detail and people have to keep owning their job responsibilities.”

Last edited:
Interesting on what Mohammed Barry said on the team 'Buying In' and rebelling:

"We’ve said that stuff three years in a row,” Barry said. “I’m not going to keep putting it on that. I know what teams (with bad culture) look like. There were guys that literally did it deliberately, just wasn’t bought in, wanted to go against Coach. There’s no rebellious people on the team now. That’s not happening. That’s all shut down. It’s just people have to want it more, have to just be disciplined.”
That’s why Barry loosely disagreed with what freshman Wan’Dale Robinson said after NU’s loss to Indiana, when the respected young player said there were perhaps players on the team who still aren’t completely bought in.

There’s always room for context and for degrees, and Barry is adamant he’s seen major change over the past two years."
“It’s not that people are just rebelling against him, that’s the difference. When people say that everyone is not bought in, I think that’s what people are thinking is, 'Oh, they have guys on the team that are rebelling.' No, that’s not the case. … Last year? Yes, it was. It’s not the case this year, we’ve just got to get more deep on detail and people have to keep owning their job responsibilities.”
That's actually really good to hear. At least they're all on board even if a few may be on autopilot.

That's actually really good to hear. At least they're all on board even if a few may be on autopilot.
Great that the rebellion is over, but the problem is, it seems there are way too many on autopilot. Collective effort of the team needs to increase dramatically. That's on Scott. It's all about accountability. Why are players on auto-pilot? Why aren't they sitting? These are the answers that I want

Great that the rebellion is over, but the problem is, it seems there are way too many on autopilot. Collective effort of the team needs to increase dramatically. That's on Scott. It's all about accountability. Why are players on auto-pilot? Why aren't they sitting? These are the answers that I want
I don't think those are answers you'll get anytime soon. If Frost brings us back to relevant, maybe he'll answer them in his autobiography after he retires

Last edited:
I don't think those are answers you'll get anytime soon. If Frost brings us back to relevant, maybe he'll answer them in his autobiography after he retires
I'm sure you are spot on with that statement. :thumbsup:

Where've you been? We waited 7 looooong years with Bo and his teams were all worse than they were in year 2 (2009).

Oh please, you were not bought in during the BP years. And, for the record.....twice after 2009 BP teams were 10-4...exactly what they were in 2009....so no, they were not all worse. But please, continue to state opinions as facts.

Oh please, you were not bought in during the BP years. And, for the record.....twice after 2009 BP teams were 10-4...exactly what they were in 2009....so no, they were not all worse. But please, continue to state opinions as facts.
I was totally bought until following the Wisconsin game of 2011...he lost me only then. Please quit acting like you know what I think about anything.

I was totally bought until following the Wisconsin game of 2011...he lost me only then. Please quit acting like you know what I think about anything.

Once again, I am in no way blaming the fans for the failures of the team. Any negative thoughts from the fans can't influence the outcome during a game. I'm simply asking if the fanbase, by and large, is bought in to enduring the process long enough to get results. Which is absolutely contrary to what has happened in recent history.

Maybe i'm naive, but i'm a little confused about your last sentence. "Our money"? If you didn't contribute a dime to the program, or buy a ticket, do you think SF would have a bit less of a salary? Unless you are a very large donor, i'm thinking not. At least for the average fan that is simply "sick and tired of losing", the money they spend is a tiny, minuscule portion of the money spent on the NU football machine. Now, if you are saying everyone should stop buying tickets and spending money supporting the program, then that is substantial non-buy in.
Here's what I meant. It drives me nuts to see Bank of America in Charlotte with empty seats for a Panther games. But, it's our money being spent for the tickets and we (they) have the right to not show up for games. I'm saying regarding your comment about the fans is the money being spent for tickets allows fans to be a little more critical for not seeing the product on the field they were promised. Fortunately, we have great fans. I think Frost is worth it. I hope that helps.

You post so your thoughts are and have been known all along. You stated every BP team was worse than 2009. Well, the most objective judge of how good a team is would be the record. At least 2 teams after 2009 were just as good.....you are what your record says you are, right?

I am from NE, but many years ago...and I was a lightweight, from 98 to 119 with a lot of weight loss...stunted my growth...stand 5’ 6” with a 6’ 1” wingspan.
I never understand the weight loss thing in wrestling. I started wrestling when I was a third grader to when I graduated. Never cut weight but had a good career until
I hit high school. Didn’t do that great in high school cause I wasn’t bought in only did it to stay in shape for track. I know I could of had a decent career at the weight I was at if I wanted to beat some good guys when
I wanted to win but at the end of the day if you aren’t hungry to win it’s hard to get wins. So why cut the weight it really shouldn’t matter if your hungry enough a person can win at the weight they are at.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back