• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bo Penguinis

There's nothing delusional about realizing that he's getting paid a top D1 Power 5 salary with much less stress, while his kids finish high school at his alma mater.

He hasn't even tried to get another FBS job.
IF...IF true he is a true moron. If things keep going the way they are going at YSU no FBS will want anything to do with him as HC. His star dims more and more every year.

IF...IF true he is a true moron. If things keep going the way they are going at YSU no FBS will want anything to do with him as HC. His star dims more and more every year.
Being a good family man makes him a moron?

HNCs Bo hate is so funny to watch...

Bo took a team to the national title game in 2016... last season his team lost in OT to ND State... the gold standard team in FCS football.

His team absolutely took a big bite of ishburger on Saturday but it reminds of of the kind of day Nebraska had vs Iowa State all those years ago... comedy of errors... It has happened to a Bo coached team before... and it will happen again. I bet he finishes with a winning record this year despite not having near the offensive talent that he had in years 1-3...

Awesome research. Best performance was second year... Wow! (Btw, is it equally weird that Mike Riley's best performance at NU was also in his SECOND YEAR? Twilight Zone stuff!

There's a weird dynamic in play here. Any criticism of the coach you had the worst three-year performance in modern NU history, and it's "old news" and "history" and "serves no purpose", etc. But entire threads dedicated to bashing a coach who was far more successful, and there's no reason not to participate. We should celebrate any failures on the part of Bo Pelini and his coaching staff. And, we should also continue to heap praise on the revisionist history that is Mike Riley.

Where can I get my "We finished #4 in the Big 10... (in recruiting)" t-shirt?

Really? He was a very divisive coach here that many never wanted fired.

I'm not surprised he's struggling at YSU, you can only motivate through fear for so long eventually that stops working.

He'll end up back in the NFL as an assistant coach on def and maybe one day he'll be a DC.

Could you give some specific examples of Bo's "motivation through fear" tactics?

Could you also provide a brief comparison of the relative successes of the motivational (hip-hip hurray) tactics employed by Mike Riley?

Bo took a team to the national title game in 2016... last season his team lost in OT to ND State... the gold standard team in FCS football.

His team absolutely took a big bite of ishburger on Saturday but it reminds of of the kind of day Nebraska had vs Iowa State all those years ago... comedy of errors... It has happened to a Bo coached team before... and it will happen again. I bet he finishes with a winning record this year despite not having near the offensive talent that he had in years 1-3...
Follow YSU pretty closely do ya?

Awesome research. Best performance was second year... Wow! (Btw, is it equally weird that Mike Riley's best performance at NU was also in his SECOND YEAR? Twilight Zone stuff!

There's a weird dynamic in play here. Any criticism of the coach you had the worst three-year performance in modern NU history, and it's "old news" and "history" and "serves no purpose", etc. But entire threads dedicated to bashing a coach who was far more successful, and there's no reason not to participate. We should celebrate any failures on the part of Bo Pelini and his coaching staff. And, we should also continue to heap praise on the revisionist history that is Mike Riley.

Where can I get my "We finished #4 in the Big 10... (in recruiting)" t-shirt?
Lol. Noob. There's been countless threads about how bad Riley sucked, but since it's pretty universal that he deserved to be fired few feel the need to talk about him. Plenty, however, were fine enough with 408 rushing yards by one back in 3 quarters of a game to want Bo back. You must be one of them.

Your love for Bo is unmatched.

He may finish 6-5 or so, but that's not going to make YSU fans happy.

I'm interested in seeing their comments after YSU starts out 0-2.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back