• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Bo makes top 5 list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bo is here next year, so I am supportive of him. No one, including this blogger, can speak intelligently on whether someone should be hired or fired unless you know who the candidates are. We should have fired Bo yesterday if Charlie Strong was an option like some people think he was. Eichorst did the right thing in keeping him if our best option was Fred Pettito from Millard North.

I think the evidence was there that we needed a change, Eichorst felt differently, i'll roll with it...

Strong should sit tight. Florida will open up after next year. He probably wants a shot at that. Or he could just take the Texas job.

Last edited:

I like Bo and obviously his players love playing for him but I believe he's one press conference or sideline meltdown away from being fired and it won't matter how many games he wins. Hopefully he understand this and will act accordingly. He certainly is not showing the fan base or the general public the side of him that his players seem to love.
I'm old enough to remember how much the national press and local fans were all over Tom Osborne about his lack of fire. Osborne didn't change a thing he just went on to win three National Championships and all was forgiven. Winning changes everything but when you compare the personalities Osborne's mild manner is much easier to take than Bo's rants. Time will tell.

The only thing Bo and Tom have in common is they both have coached at Nebraska.

Wow. This is purely speculation on my part, but I honestly think SE was going to fire Bo after the Iowa game until he went off on his "go ahead and fire me" rant. I think SE called Bo's bluff and decided he's going to have to earn those big bucks, all the while knowing Bo still had enough support amongst Husker fans to where they would be fine with the status quo.

Before anyone goes off on me and my theory, please answer the following questions: Can you think of any other reason why Bo wasn't aware of his job status before the Iowa game? Why would SE leave him hanging out to dry knowing it could be a potentially explosive situation, which ultimately it was?
Your assumption is that Bo didn't know his status. Could you possibly be wrong in that assumption?

Think about it. Try viewing that post-game presser from that pov.

There's no doubt in my mind that Bo thought he was gone. The off-air recording of Bo saying ‘If I’m not the head coach any longer, why would I do a TV show that airs in two days?’ pretty much sealed it for me. http://sports.omaha.com/2013/11/30/pelini-did-indeed-tape-his-tv-show/#.UsMBoPRDvcA

Harvey was also quoted as saying 'you'll know when we know' on Saturday morning after the Iowa game. I just don't think you make that statement if it's not true. I'm guessing feelers had been put out to potential candidates, and the feedback was less than positive. Once it was clear that the target or targets weren't interested, SE released the statement.
Actually, that statement could be seen from another angle. Again, think about it.

Mack Brown admits winning 8 games will not get it done.

have to admit...he's a class act

:nod:

Not to worry. Bo's a ticking time bomb. He puts on an act on occasion to make some believe he's changed. And then boom! Double boom! :wave:
Bo is not going to be fired for going off on a referee who made a horrible on-field call, or for yelling at a player on the sidelines, or for being fed-up with stupid questions in a press conference.

Now if he actually hit someone that might be a different story.

Wow. This is purely speculation on my part, but I honestly think SE was going to fire Bo after the Iowa game until he went off on his "go ahead and fire me" rant. I think SE called Bo's bluff and decided he's going to have to earn those big bucks, all the while knowing Bo still had enough support amongst Husker fans to where they would be fine with the status quo.

Before anyone goes off on me and my theory, please answer the following questions: Can you think of any other reason why Bo wasn't aware of his job status before the Iowa game? Why would SE leave him hanging out to dry knowing it could be a potentially explosive situation, which ultimately it was?

If your theory was anything near true, then SE is the wrong man to replace TO and be in charge of a program like Nebraska. Your theory is much of a comedic relief, IMO. Bo didn't know about his job status before the Iowa game?......I highly doubt that was true. Bo's comments wasn't directed at the university, it was directed at the media and others whom have no control over his fate, yet think their opinion holds as much weight as those in the offices. If Bo seriously felt his job was about to be taken, I'm sure he would have been making proper preparations for such an issue to occur. He was very active recruiting, more focused on getting his team ready week to week. I'm sure you aren't one of those who believe that SE had little to no communication with the coach of the most important sport in Nebraska.

Boom Boom?

kotter11.jpg

"Hi There."

:)

I like Bo and obviously his players love playing for him but I believe he's one press conference or sideline meltdown away from being fired and it won't matter how many games he wins. Hopefully he understand this and will act accordingly. He certainly is not showing the fan base or the general public the side of him that his players seem to love.
I'm old enough to remember how much the national press and local fans were all over Tom Osborne about his lack of fire. Osborne didn't change a thing he just went on to win three National Championships and all was forgiven. Winning changes everything but when you compare the personalities Osborne's mild manner is much easier to take than Bo's rants. Time will tell.

How many HC's at a program like NU have been fired for their sideline behavior and/or press conference without them having absolutely terrible results on the field.....I think your comment here is wishful thinking. Bo has a tendency to be animated but he has yet to display an action you don't see at most other programs, both on the sideline and in press conferences. All the crying about him being firey on the sideline is comical.

Yes, particularly when you consider that Bo completely went off on the fans and media AFTER he beat OSU in the now infamous tape recording. It may be that when he feels empowered and not in danger of consequences he takes liberty in saying and doing as he pleases.

He didn't go off on anyone. He vented frustration about an issue he disapproved of in a private conversation. He, as a human, is allowed to have an opinion about the ignorance of certain people. Him venting shows he's human....those who try to use his emotion about such a situation as fuel to take food off his family's table (fire him) show themselves to be less human.

There's no doubt in my mind that Bo thought he was gone. The off-air recording of Bo saying ‘If I’m not the head coach any longer, why would I do a TV show that airs in two days?’ pretty much sealed it for me. http://sports.omaha.com/2013/11/30/pelini-did-indeed-tape-his-tv-show/#.UsMBoPRDvcA

Harvey was also quoted as saying 'you'll know when we know' on Saturday morning after the Iowa game. I just don't think you make that statement if it's not true. I'm guessing feelers had been put out to potential candidates, and the feedback was less than positive. Once it was clear that the target or targets weren't interested, SE released the statement.

speculation of two people whom have no more inside info than the rest of the media who make statements regarding something they don't know about....

He didn't go off on anyone. He vented frustration about an issue he disapproved of in a private conversation. He, as a human, is allowed to have an opinion about the ignorance of certain people. Him venting shows he's human....those who try to use his emotion about such a situation as fuel to take food off his family's table (fire him) show themselves to be less human.

Bo must have one hell of a food bill if his buy- out will not cover it!

that is why I don't use him emotions against him...yeah some are pretty weird but hey. I would rather use his lack of coaching ability to take food off his table:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back