• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Bo makes top 5 list

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, given the coach's record of aggressive behavior surrounding games, it's somewhat less difficult to believe (for me, at least) that he knew his status and was acting out for other reasons.

Yes, particularly when you consider that Bo completely went off on the fans and media AFTER he beat OSU in the now infamous tape recording. It may be that when he feels empowered and not in danger of consequences he takes liberty in saying and doing as he pleases.

Yes, particularly when you consider that Bo completely went off on the fans and media AFTER he beat OSU in the now infamous tape recording. It may be that when he feels empowered and not in danger of consequences he takes liberty in saying and doing as he pleases.

:facepalm:

The guy has done a near 180 on the sidelines and has even commented THIS WEEK about what an honor it is to coach at a place like DONU, but some choose to live in the past. Enjoy it. Let me know if you need weather forecasts.

Last edited:
Do we really have to notice when every random blogger makes a comment like this? This adds nothing to the discussion. This is the Time Warner Cable home page "site" for Chrissakes. It's like letting the old Bleacherreport whip us into a frenzy.

Last edited:

The guy has done a near 180 on the sidelines and has even commented THIS WEEK about what an honor it is to coach at a place like DONU, but some choose to live in the past. Enjoy it. Let me know if you need weather forecasts.

Coming to the realization that you almost flushed a $3M a year job down the toilet will do that for you.

:nod:

Not to worry. Bo's a ticking time bomb. He puts on an act on occasion to make some believe he's changed. And then boom! Double boom! :wave:

Boom Boom?

kotter11.jpg

"Hi There."

Last edited:

I acknowledge your point. My own thinking is that while it's difficult to imagine Bo acting that way if he knew he was coming back, it's also difficult to imagine a professional AD at a major athletic institution not regularly communicating with his coaches. IMHO, that would be an outright dereliction of duty for any AD; it's just part of the job. I find both extremes hard to believe. However, given the coach's record of aggressive behavior surrounding games, it's somewhat less difficult to believe (for me, at least) that he knew his status and was acting out for other reasons.

There's no doubt in my mind that Bo thought he was gone. The off-air recording of Bo saying ‘If I’m not the head coach any longer, why would I do a TV show that airs in two days?’ pretty much sealed it for me. http://sports.omaha.com/2013/11/30/pelini-did-indeed-tape-his-tv-show/#.UsMBoPRDvcA

Harvey was also quoted as saying 'you'll know when we know' on Saturday morning after the Iowa game. I just don't think you make that statement if it's not true. I'm guessing feelers had been put out to potential candidates, and the feedback was less than positive. Once it was clear that the target or targets weren't interested, SE released the statement.

Bo got his stay, and that's a good thing. He's #2 on the list. If things don't get fixed, and he keeps losing at home by double digits, he can get that #1 spot. Go Bo!

And some don't feel I'm supportive of Bo.

There's no doubt in my mind that Bo thought he was gone. The off-air recording of Bo saying ‘If I’m not the head coach any longer, why would I do a TV show that airs in two days?’ pretty much sealed it for me. http://sports.omaha.com/2013/11/30/pelini-did-indeed-tape-his-tv-show/#.UsMBoPRDvcA

Good point on that off-air recording. The suggestion about feelers is a good theory, because it doesn't deny that the AD and coach were communicating (I truly believe they were), but instead suggests that their conversations amounted to "it's going to be close call, and we're investigating options, one of which might be continuing with you." That would account for a lot. Of course, this is all speculation, since I don't have a secret camera inside those offices.

Good point on that off-air recording. The suggestion about feelers is a good theory, because it doesn't deny that the AD and coach were communicating (I truly believe they were), but instead suggests that their conversations amounted to "it's going to be close call, and we're investigating options, one of which might be continuing with you." That would account for a lot. Of course, this is all speculation, since I don't have a secret camera inside those offices.

It's definitely all speculation. I'm with you in that I'd like to believe that job status and expectations were clearly communicated.

I noticed the 180 as he spun to swing his hat at the referee during his last game. Pretty decent spin move..he may have a career in the UFC if this coaching thing doesn't work out for him.

Last edited:
Bo is here next year, so I am supportive of him. No one, including this blogger, can speak intelligently on whether someone should be hired or fired unless you know who the candidates are. We should have fired Bo yesterday if Charlie Strong was an option like some people think he was. Eichorst did the right thing in keeping him if our best option was Fred Pettito from Millard North.

I think the evidence was there that we needed a change, Eichorst felt differently, i'll roll with it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back