• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Bo makes top 5 list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wow. This is purely speculation on my part, but I honestly think SE was going to fire Bo after the Iowa game until he went off on his "go ahead and fire me" rant. I think SE called Bo's bluff and decided he's going to have to earn those big bucks, all the while knowing Bo still had enough support amongst Husker fans to where they would be fine with the status quo.

Before anyone goes off on me and my theory, please answer the following questions: Can you think of any other reason why Bo wasn't aware of his job status before the Iowa game? Why would SE leave him hanging out to dry knowing it could be a potentially explosive situation, which ultimately it was?

Wow. This is purely speculation on my part, but I honestly think SE was going to fire Bo after the Iowa game until he went off on his "go ahead and fire me" rant. I think SE called Bo's bluff and decided he's going to have to earn those big bucks, all the while knowing Bo still had enough support amongst Husker fans to where they would be fine with the status quo.

Before anyone goes off on me and my theory, please answer the following questions: Can you think of any other reason why Bo wasn't aware of his job status before the Iowa game? Why would SE leave him hanging out to dry knowing it could be a potentially explosive situation, which ultimately it was?

SE bungled this for sure and maybe you are correct about SE and Bo

Before anyone goes off on me and my theory, please answer the following questions: Can you think of any other reason why Bo wasn't aware of his job status before the Iowa game? Why would SE leave him hanging out to dry knowing it could be a potentially explosive situation, which ultimately it was?[/QUOTE]

I don't mean to be argumentative, but I'm wondering if we know for certain that Bo did not know his status and that the AD was not communicating with him about it? Is it possible that Bo knew he was being retained and that that status emboldened his behavior during and after the Iowa game? I guess I haven't seen a definitive source (which would be hard to find, since it would have to be deep within the football administration) saying that the AD and the coach were not communicating clearly.

Short of something unforeseen Bo has another year. I'm hoping he uses it very wisely.... FIX those things that so need fixing. Doesn't look like he's changing any staff so it should get very interesting.................

Last edited:

I like Bo and obviously his players love playing for him but I believe he's one press conference or sideline meltdown away from being fired and it won't matter how many games he wins. Hopefully he understand this and will act accordingly. He certainly is not showing the fan base or the general public the side of him that his players seem to love.
I'm old enough to remember how much the national press and local fans were all over Tom Osborne about his lack of fire. Osborne didn't change a thing he just went on to win three National Championships and all was forgiven. Winning changes everything but when you compare the personalities Osborne's mild manner is much easier to take than Bo's rants. Time will tell.

I don't mean to be argumentative, but I'm wondering if we know for certain that Bo did not know his status and that the AD was not communicating with him about it? Is it possible that Bo knew he was being retained and that that status emboldened his behavior during and after the Iowa game? I guess I haven't seen a definitive source (which would be hard to find, since it would have to be deep within the football administration) saying that the AD and the coach were not communicating clearly.[/QUOTE]

Anything is possible, but in this case that's highly unlikely. Why would he risk national humiliation if he knew he was coming back? Just to get snippy with some local reporters? Even I think Bo is more evolved than that.

I acknowledge your point. My own thinking is that while it's difficult to imagine Bo acting that way if he knew he was coming back, it's also difficult to imagine a professional AD at a major athletic institution not regularly communicating with his coaches. IMHO, that would be an outright dereliction of duty for any AD; it's just part of the job. I find both extremes hard to believe. However, given the coach's record of aggressive behavior surrounding games, it's somewhat less difficult to believe (for me, at least) that he knew his status and was acting out for other reasons.

Last edited:

I acknowledge your point. My own thinking is that while it's difficult to imagine Bo acting that way if he knew he was coming back, it's also difficult to imagine a professional AD at a major athletic institution not regularly communicating with his coaches. IMHO, that would be an outright dereliction of duty for any AD; it's just part of the job. I find both extremes hard to believe. However, given the coach's record of aggressive behavior surrounding games, it's somewhat less difficult to believe (for me, at least) that he knew his status and was acting out for other reasons.

Good post. Obviously we'll probably never know for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back