• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Bo makes top 5 list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bo had been doing better, but he hasn't really changed. Hopefully with more practice he can keep better control, but will he be able to every time? The refs are going to bedevil him many times a year. Every big game. Every tight spot. How will he do? You can't let your emotions control your actions, and keep you from achieving your goal. Try to excuse his blowups if you will, but they harm the team and the program.

I think people are taking SE's comment too far. He said Bo will be our coach into the "future." He never said "next season." Just wait until about 3 PM tomorrow, then we'll know for sure on his situation.

Your assumption is that Bo didn't know his status. Could you possibly be wrong in that assumption?

Think about it. Try viewing that post-game presser from that pov.

It's possible, and if you look real close you'll notice I said "this is purely speculation on my part." Is there anything about that statement that indicates I feel I'm 100% right and my opinion is set in stone?

Bo is here next year, so I am supportive of him. No one, including this blogger, can speak intelligently on whether someone should be hired or fired unless you know who the candidates are. We should have fired Bo yesterday if Charlie Strong was an option like some people think he was. Eichorst did the right thing in keeping him if our best option was Fred Pettito from Millard North.

I think the evidence was there that we needed a change, Eichorst felt differently, i'll roll with it...
I'm with this opinion except being supportive of someone who said F the fans and he was out looking for jobs and it wasn't a "heat of the moment" thing. Unfortunately the reason Fred Pettito is probably our option is the state of the program, What coach want's to come in and take a middling B1G team that loses to Iowa, Minney and Hail Mary's to beat Northwestern? We need another Devaney moment and quickly. You think Saban would come here for 10 million? Our only real option for a quick fix was probably Tressel and maybe some feelers were sent his way and even he felt it was a mountain too tall to climb. Tressel is the only quality coach I can think of that would have any reason to take the job if he truly wasn't done with coaching. Our decade + stay in mediocrity and irrelevance has this job a real touch cookie to sell by Shawn E

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back