• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Big Ten West. Who are the contenders?

Who will win the Big 10 West in 2018?

• Nebraska

Votes: 25 26.9%
  • Wisconsin

Votes: 59 63.4%
  • Iowa

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Northwestern

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Purdue

• Minnesota

• Illinois

Votes: 8 8.6%

• Total voters

Nebraska will beat Wisconsin. The deciding factor will come down to crossover games.

If the Huskers can go at least 1-2 against Michigan, Michigan State, and Ohio State, we'll win the West.

I see Nebraska and Wisconsin both having a 7-2 conference record, but the Huskers get the tiebreaker with the head to head win.

Even if we win 2 of our 3 crossover games, it is pretty much a given that we will have to beat Wisconsin to win the West. If we match Wisconsin with a 7-2 record but our losses are to Wisconsin and any other team, it will not be good enough. We may not win this year in Madison, but I like our chances.

“Coming in, everyone looks at him like he’s only 18, he’s coming off shoulder surgery. I’m thinking, ‘You guys have no idea. You guys have no idea.’”

You see 18 going on 35, the thoughtful answers, maturity and poise. Lisa sees the wheels turning, a kid thinking two moves ahead, a legal mind.

You see the quarterback. Lisa sees the competitive, gracious, humble little boy in the blazer, the kid who grew up so damn fast. The one who still hates to lose. “Whether it’s Ping-Pong or playing cards, whatever it is, we love to give Adrian a hard time,” Kristi says. “Because if he’s not winning at something, he doesn’t handle it very well.

“He’s always been such an old soul and such a wise kid. You guys have no idea."

AdrianMartinez_spring_game_2018_325_getty.jpg

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/nebraska-football-adrian-martinez-quarterback-mothers-day-2018

Last edited:
Nebraska will beat Wisconsin. The deciding factor will come down to crossover games.

If the Huskers can go at least 1-2 against Michigan, Michigan State, and Ohio State, we'll win the West.

I see Nebraska and Wisconsin both having a 7-2 conference record, but the Huskers get the tiebreaker with the head to head win.

Thill did you spike that kool aid?

Purdue has a fine coach. But Purdue's defense has been gutted by graduation, and we beat them last year at their place with a Riley-coached team.
Bare-LEE. We had 40 net rushing yards against Purdue. Purdue. Lee had one of his best games, 32/50 for 431 yds, 0 INTs, and 2 TD tosses in the 4th quarter. If Lee had had a typical game, we lose.

Well, Wisconsin definitely has the advantage yet again as they play yet another lighter schedule. We get road games at Ohio St, Michigan, Wisconsin and Iowa and our third crossover is against Sparty. They only have 2 tough crossovers and get a break with Rutgers.

When was the last time we had an easier schedule than Wisconsin anyway? Whoever is in charge of making balanced schedules for the Big 10 is truly terrible at their job. Seems like we’ve gotten the shaft every year. It’s set up for us to fail.

Who are the 7 people that predicted Illinois winning the West? I would love to understand their thinking. Illinois will almost universally be the predicted bottom dweller in the division this upcoming season!

Who are the 7 people that predicted Illinois winning the West? I would love to understand their thinking. Illinois will almost universally be the predicted bottom dweller in the division this upcoming season!
It is a statement to say that they disagree with the whole premise of the poll. In the same way this guy won American idol. It is a protest vote against the whole idea of the poll.
57000160b51c8.image.jpg

I decided if people were going to be mocked for not picking NU, might as well go all in. Better question.... why do you hate Lovie Smith?

I decided if people were going to be mocked for not picking NU, might as well go all in. Better question.... why do you hate Lovie Smith?

It is a statement to say that they disagree with the whole premise of the poll. In the same way this guy won American idol. It is a protest vote against the whole idea of the poll.
57000160b51c8.image.jpg
Fair enough. Never thought of the mocking part.

FYI I don't dislike Lovie Smith but Illinois has been a death knell for any coach. Almost an unwinnable situation. Not sure Belicheck or Saban could win there.

Are you sure you wouldn't rather go for 9-3? I think we would all like to see a huskernut car wax sticky with quarterly updates.

"I was hoping for questions pertaining to our B1G West championship. But since you asked huskernut, yes, you can get started today. My truck is parked right by the front entrance."

Scott-Frost-STACK.png

"You can't miss it...It's Big and it's Red. You'll probably need a ladder."

brotruck-grimygoodscom.jpg
I would love to see 9-3. I just don’t think they’re going to win more than eight. The schedule is loaded against us this year!

GET TICKETS

Back