• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Big Ten Preseason Media Poll

HuskerWeatherman

Feral Cat
20 Year Member
Released today.

WEST DIVISION

1. Wisconsin (31 first-place votes) 246 points

2. Iowa (3) 198

3. Minnesota (2) 162

4. Purdue 153

5. Nebraska 123

6. Illinois 65

7. Northwestern 61

East Division and other commentary at the link.

Cleveland.com picked up the responsibility for organizing the poll when the Big Ten dropped it 12 years ago. The panel included beat writers from 13 of 14 Big Ten teams and some who cover the entire league or have a national perspective.

Last edited:

Released today.

WEST DIVISION

1. Wisconsin (31 first-place votes) 246 points

2. Iowa (3) 198

3. Minnesota (2) 162

4. Purdue 153

5. Nebraska 123

6. Illinois 65

7. Northwestern 61

East Division and other commentary at the link.
We are who they say we are. Until we aren't. It's prove it time

In all seriousness as much turnover as Nebraska has had who can honestly say how good or how bad Nebraska will be in 2022?

Iowa and Michigan pretty much non players in the portal thus pretty static and stable and easier to predict
tOSU was unanimous pick ???

Last edited:

"we're not last !!...we're not last !!...we're not last !!..."

giphy.gif

:thumbsup:

I am happy to see these types of predictions. I expect Nebraska to move past Minnesota and Purdue decisively this year. Iowa and Wisconsin aren’t scary teams. It’s not like the Huskers have to beat OSU to win the division.

I don’t blame media around the conference for not picking Nebraska. But I see nothing in those other teams that is scary or should be hard to compete with. The Huskers should be in the running for the division all year, and I really wouldn’t be shocked if they found a way into the title game. As frustrating as last season was, Iowa was just not that far ahead. Give me competent special teams, and the Huskers are not going to get dominated by anyone on the conference schedule.

Holy crap people, how about a little faith. I will be very surprised if we are not 2nd in the West and would not be surprised in the least if we don't win the west. We have a great staff and we have improved the roster. The only negative would be if there is enough time to gel.

This seems pretty realistic to me. As a homer, I might like to flip flop us and Purdue. If I was basing it purely on logic, this is about what I’d come up with.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back