• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Big Ten Preseason Media Poll

In all seriousness as much turnover as Nebraska has had who can honestly say how good or how bad Nebraska will be in 2022?

Iowa and Wisconsin pretty much non players in the portal thus pretty static and stable and easier to predict
Wisconsin also had a significant coaching change with Bobby Engram coming in as the new OC and play caller. If, big if, but if he fixes Graham Mertz UW should win the west but if GM plays like he has the last two years then UW will NOT win the west. Their defense continues to have attrition without a lot of new guys coming up.

Wisconsin also had a significant coaching change with Bobby Engram coming in as the new OC and play caller. If, big if, but if he fixes Graham Mertz UW should win the west but if GM plays like he has the last two years then UW will NOT win the west. Their defense continues to have attrition without a lot of new guys coming up.

We had a complete offense staff turn over except at TE

The Bad here in comparison pretty stable

This seems pretty realistic to me. As a homer, I might like to flip flop us and Purdue. If I was basing it purely on logic, this is about what I’d come up with.
Was interesting to see the spread of Purdue/Penn ST. Pretty close call.

It's fairly predictable based on past performance of these respective teams. However does anyone remember MSU being highly rated before the start of last season? I sure don't so there's always hope Huskers might well out perform what the so called experts predict.

It's fairly predictable based on past performance of these respective teams. However does anyone remember MSU being highly rated before the start of last season? I sure don't so there's always hope Huskers might well out perform what the so called experts predict.

The portal was huge in their turnaround

You nailed it which was my point

We had a complete offense staff turn over except at TE

The Bad here in comparison pretty stable
I’m not suggesting NU vs UW … I’m just suggesting that UW as the winner of the West is not a given especially with their coaching turnover particularly at OC and play caller.

This is as significant if not more significant than Whipple joining the NU staff.

Additionally to suggest UW is a bastion of stability this past offseason would not be right given the changes highlighted above.

Last edited:
I’m not suggesting NU vs UW … I’m just suggesting that UW is winner of the West is not a given especially with their coaching turnover particularly at OC and play caller.

This is as if not more significant than Whipple joining the NU staff.

Additionally to suggest UW is a bastion of stability would not be right given the changes highlighted above.

Understand and agree

This is interesting by the way it is scored. Would anyone consider Wisconsin an overwhelming favorite? I would say if you had Wisconsin vs the field, odds would favor the field. But if it came down to picking someone, the vast majority is going to go with Wisconsin.

I can, but I'm not saying.
512ZYBBZJ7L._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Released today.

WEST DIVISION

1. Wisconsin (31 first-place votes) 246 points

2. Iowa (3) 198

3. Minnesota (2) 162

4. Purdue 153

5. Nebraska 123

6. Illinois 65

7. Northwestern 61

East Division and other commentary at the link.
Sounds about right

tOSU has some big time studs coming it

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back