• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Big Ten Preseason Media Poll

In all seriousness as much turnover as Nebraska has had who can honestly say how good or how bad Nebraska will be in 2022?

Iowa and Wisconsin pretty much non players in the portal thus pretty static and stable and easier to predict
I remember the days when Nebraska was the poster child for "static and stable". And your right - nobody can say what we will look like this season due to all the changes.

Released today.

WEST DIVISION

1. Wisconsin (31 first-place votes) 246 points

2. Iowa (3) 198

3. Minnesota (2) 162

4. Purdue 153

5. Nebraska 123

6. Illinois 65

7. Northwestern 61

East Division and other commentary at the link.
Do I think we should ranked that low? No.

Have we done anything to prove that we should be higher? No.

I certainly would hope the tide turns and we are at least in the top half of the division. Just need to prove that we can do it, by actually doing it.

We have the opportunity to make an early season statement by boat racing NW! Lose that opener and I will have a lot of doubts about the rest of the season.

We have the opportunity to make an early season statement by boat racing NW! Lose that opener and I will have a lot of doubts about the rest of the season.
Man dude, if they lose to NW, all hell will break loose. I’ve been saying for months, but it’s as must win of a game as they’ve had in a long long time.

Man dude, if they lose to NW, all hell will break loose. I’ve been saying for months, but it’s as must win of a game as they’ve had in a long long time.
It certainly wouldn't be good to put it mildly. However it's still a single game with 11 more to follow. Should everyone including the coaches and team write off the season because of a loss to NW? That would be absolutely ridicilous imo and I wouldn't expect the coaches, players, fans to disappear in a black hole. It would mean however that things certainly aren't looking good to start the new season.

Lets just hope the team doesn't have to deal with that scenario. It's a GAME and therefore anything can happen and usually does. There's been many upsets in college football and a lot larger than Nebraska losing to NW. If we lose obviously there's going to be a lot of very unhappy and upset Husker fans to say the least.

Last edited:
It certainly wouldn't be good to put it mildly. However it's still a single game with 11 more to follow. Should everyone including the coaches and team write off the season because of a loss to NW? That would be absolutely ridicilous imo and I wouldn't expect the coaches, players, fans to disappear in a black hole. It would mean however that things certainly aren't looking good to start the new season.

Lets just hope the team doesn't have to deal with that scenario. It's a GAME and therefore anything can happen and usually does. There's been many upsets in college football and a lot larger than Nebraska losing to NW. If we lose obviously there's going to be a lot of very unhappy and upset Husker fans to say the least.
It’s not writing off the season with an opening loss. It’s planting a deeper seed, uh oh, here we go again mantra. That’s hard as hell to overcome. This team needs wins badly. Not saying they couldn’t overcome a loss to NW, but damn, they’ve got to make things easier on themselves. The negativity would boil over with a loss. And let’s also be honest here, Northwestern isn’t any good, although I do expect them to be well prepared.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back