• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Big Ten Preseason Media Poll

I’m not suggesting NU vs UW … I’m just suggesting that UW is winner of the West is not a given especially with their coaching turnover particularly at OC and play caller.

This is as if not more significant than Whipple joining the NU staff.

Additionally to suggest UW is a bastion of stability would not be right given the changes highlighted above.
Losing their DC at NW has had an effect.

I am happy to see these types of predictions. I expect Nebraska to move past Minnesota and Purdue decisively this year. Iowa and Wisconsin aren’t scary teams. It’s not like the Huskers have to beat OSU to win the division.

I don’t blame media around the conference for not picking Nebraska. But I see nothing in those other teams that is scary or should be hard to compete with. The Huskers should be in the running for the division all year, and I really wouldn’t be shocked if they found a way into the title game. As frustrating as last season was, Iowa was just not that far ahead. Give me competent special teams, and the Huskers are not going to get dominated by anyone on the conference schedule.
I’m the same way. I’d prefer the media call a spade a spade and let us exceed it. As you said I also don’t blame the media for giving us our due respect nor any fans that do the same. I’m tired of having failed expectations.

Difference is Wisc does has not changed their philosophy
UW is doing to the B1G West what NU did to the Big Eight in the ‘80s.

Chryst has been fairly stable in following the Alvarez path of large beefy home grown lineman that wear teams down. Due to Jimmy Leonard the Badgers have had excellent defenses that allowed average offensive play to be enough for them to win the west.

The team has been LB U recently with excellent NFL caliber talent that they’ve developed. I think that pipeline is a little light this year … let’s see if they’ll be the same defense they’ve been the last few years. I think/hope they won’t.

Chryst has been fairly stable in following the Alvarez path of large beefy home grown lineman that wear teams down. Due to Jimmy Leonard the Badgers have had excellent defenses that allowed average offensive play to be enough for them to win the west.

The team has been LB U recently with excellent NFL caliber talent that they’ve developed. I think that pipeline is a little light this year … let’s see if they’ll be the same defense they’ve been the last few years. I think/hope they won’t.
They are the perfect fit for the B1G. Mn as well if they can get their RBs back.

Mn has a recruiting too as well as Wisc

We have hockey!

Lol

FYI

Who gives a damn about any ranking? I mean, Nebraska isn’t going to be in anyones rankings. Most everyone isn’t expecting much out of them but the same thing. As manager Lou Brown said to the Cleveland Indians in major league, ‘I guess we’ll just have to win the whole bleeping thing’. That’s the mind set this team has to carry. Play your ass off on the field, win games, and you’ll move right on up. No other way to see it. The ranking are hilarious after you get past the top 5 anyway. This team has enough talent to beat anyone, but the question remains, can they coach?

Wisky is going to have to gel real quick with only 4 starters returning on defense imo. Historically they usually start a bit slow and come on later in the season. There's more competitive teams in the West now like the Huskers, MN and Purdue. Wisky plays OSU, MSU, IA and NW AWAY! That's not an easy task and the first 3 teams could easy win those games. I understand why they are favored based on past performance but they have a more difficult road to win the division this season.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back