• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

BEER!

WHOA! Very interesting and weird too. The two beers I liked, I would still buy if given the chance as a stand alone sixer, the other two, nah. Thanks for posting this....
They’re not terrible just not true craft. When you look at the price of a 12 pack they’re a great value. It seems like every chain wants it’s own brand of beer, wine and spirits anymore.

They’re not terrible just not true craft. When you look at the price of a 12 pack they’re a great value. It seems like every chain wants it’s own brand of beer, wine and spirits anymore.
Yeah, I think I paid $12 and change for the 12 pack. Still, that was an interesting article, so thanks for posting it.

65CF586D-AE66-48AC-A3C5-566B5828D484.jpeg

Pure awesomeness

Stocked up on some New Glarus Spotted Cow while in Milwaukee for a daughter's soccer tournament. I did wait until I got back home to drink most of it. One of my favorites.

Wife had to make a work trip through the central wisconsin snowstorm on Wednesday. Had her priorities straight and picked up a case of Spotted Cow. Still one of our overall favorites.

Last edited:
delicious_bottle.png
Finally found these in a six pack last week, and for a half decent price too. $8.99. Stone gave this beer an appropriate name, as for an IPA, it actually is delicious. 7.7% abv. Hope it's still on sale tomorrow.

Last edited:
delicious_bottle.png
Finally found these in a six pack last week, and for a half decent price too. $8.99. Stone gave this beer an appropriate name, as for an IPA, it actual is delicious. 7.7% abv. Hope it's still on sale tomorrow.
Just finished a 6er of this, I recommend you pick some up if it’s stall available.

5028AA4E-EC4B-42C1-A572-3215E96FAB5E.png

Had a few of these last night, not bad but you get a little more blood orange than I like. Still good and probably great if you love citrusy beer.
6AF5328D-DDD4-42EE-81FA-8792A3CBB7FA.png

Had a few of these last night, not bad but you get a little more blood orange than I like. Still good and probably great if you love citrusy beer.
Picked up a 6er last week, and was pleasantly surprised. This would make a good summer time brew, deceptively drinkable too.

Trying two new brews last week and tonight. The first one is from Deschutes. Twilight Summer Ale, clocking in at only 5% abv, it was actually pretty good, and I enjoyed two of them at the time, after hiking and they hit the spot.

The second one, that I am half way through one of them right now, is from a fave brewer of mine, Lagunitas. It's a " 2018 onehitter series" beer... The Waldos' Special Ale. Clocking in at a hefty 11.3% abv, it's got a kick. For me, this type of beer needs to be ice cold, and when I originally cracked it open, it was on the warm side, so into the freeze it went for about 15 minutes. I find that I am really liking this beer, it was a little spendy at $11.99 for a 6er, but at that 11.3%...... :Cheers:

Waldos_12oz.png

Last edited:
Tried a new one from one of our local brew pubs, Bent River Brewing Company.

Would recommend stopping at their restaurant in downtown Moline, Illinois if you're ever passing through the Quad Cities. Local grocers carry several varieties as well.

This place brews several great beers, I am really liking this one.

beer-606960_5f7df_sm.jpeg

Undercurrent IPA • 6.8% ABV• 68 IBU •
Copper color, sweet citrus fruits up front. Almost floral. Moderate and delicious bitter finish!

FYI-I’ve been in Boston and Washington DC this week and have been partaking in area brews and well...

Stick to the left coast because I’ve found nothing here ;)

Just finished a 6er of this, I recommend you pick some up if it’s stall available.

View attachment 15677
I finally came across this brew, as a single, in a gas station in a little California town, after a very nice long hike. Bought one of these, and some other beer, I wish I would have bought a few more, as I may not make it out that way again for a bit, and I haven't seen them anywhere else. Very nice recommend indeed.

FYI-I’ve been in Boston and Washington DC this week and have been partaking in area brews and well...

Stick to the left coast because I’ve found nothing here ;)

From earlier post on page 12 -- Had this in the DC area over Spring Break, liked it a lot
Double_Duckpin_Feature.jpg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back