• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Been avoiding this but finally spilling my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would the Pennsylvania police ask Scroggins for her side of the story as it relates to the shenanigans of the team members obtaining a key and entering the room? To determine whether they entered the room under those pretenses? Is anyone disputing that.

How many people knew of these shenanigans at the time? Why didn’t they call the police (assuming a whole bunch of things)? Someone uninvolved reports that 2 team members engaged in shenanigans and gained access to a room that wasn’t theirs, and the person whose room it was did not notify or call the police. No other report of anything. Yeah, the cops ain’t coming.

We’ve had the conversation before about your tendency to assign positions to people that aren’t being taken by them. Do you want to revisit it?

Speaking of rumors, a guy heard at the Village Inn that the relationship was voluntary entered to get more playing time, and when it was discovered, it became obvious that the playing time, on and off the court, was ending. The whole thing is nutt’n more than a scorched earth retribution.

Are we taking that rumor to the bank too?
Well I’ll address this in order. What do you mean is anyone disputing it? You did. You are still disputing that it was illegal to do it and film it.
We had a conversation about assigning positions? Sorry nothing about any conversations with you sticks in my mind.

As far as your Village Inn rumour. Well I wish you would offer some substance to it so I can use it to support my theory on what happened. But whether they did it voluntarily or not is only a part of it and likely not the part the University is concerned about. It’s how they handled it. The lawsuit spells much of it out as I pointed out.

It doesn’t. It’s not a causation issue as it relates to the legal allegations of the complaint, and otherwise demonstrates ignorance. The police ain’t going to care that an adult team member was consensually screwing a coach. They may have cared about the method of access to the room if a complaint had been made about it in a contemporaneous period. They sure as hell ain’t going to care if it was made days later when all the parties had left the state, and the person that was the potential victim of the crime didn’t report it.

Yeah, if there was something done by the administration back in Lincoln, and/or once this became known to the administration, that covered up or otherwise ‘harmed’ Scoggins, that’s another issue entirely. We only have the allegations of the complaint, which are what they are.
Yeah, that night the only one that could call the police and file a complaint was the assistant coach since it was his room. But if he did, the police might have told him to take it up with the front desk for giving his key to someone else.

Well I’ll address this in order. What do you mean is anyone disputing it? You did. You are still disputing that it was illegal to do it and film it.
We had a conversation about assigning positions? Sorry nothing about any conversations with you sticks in my mind.

As far as your Village Inn rumour. Well I wish you would offer some substance to it so I can use it to support my theory on what happened. But whether they did it voluntarily or not is only a part of it and likely not the part the University is concerned about. It’s how they handled it. The lawsuit spells much of it out as I pointed out.
Um…who is disputing the manner and method the 2 team members entered into Love’s room? Certainly not me. You can’t find a post where I said anything otherwise.

Um…again no, I am not disputing that it may have been illegal to enter the room in the manner in which the 2 team members entered it. Again, you can’t find a post where I said anything of the sort, I even pointed out that Love would have been the victim of that potential ‘crime’. That he didn’t report it to the police, apparently, only means that he didn’t report it.

What was filmed? Again, there’s nothing in the complaint that alleges anything other than that Scoggins was filmed in the room. There’s no allegation that the filming included Love and Scoggins rolling in the hay.

I’m not surprised.

Sarcasm is not a strong point for you, but hey, it’s a rumor forum so people can say whatever they want, with no support whatsoever, because it’s a rumor forum. No need to provide a single iota of support…or so some have stated.

So do you feel on the night all of this happened Trev should have called the police before actually sitting down with all parties involved and hearing what they have to say?
It’s the feelings of many…..that as part of the investigation, they should have taken those actions seriously, but instead had the head coach put on what appears to be a tribunal kangaroo court letting all the other players verbally attack her.

I have no idea what was on the video but if there was anything compromising on it then it’s even more severe. Nothing can justify those actions. There was nothing illegal about those two being in a room together. Breaking multiple laws to expose it is the issue and it should have been reported to authorities when Trev discovered it. If the Pennsylvania law enforcement didn’t want to do anything then that’s on them. Trev would have been covered.

Yeah, that night the only one that could call the police and file a complaint was the assistant coach since it was his room. But if he did, the police might have told him to take it up with the front desk for giving his key to someone else.
The complaint alleges that the practice player conned the front desk out of the key by pretending to be Love. I haven’t seen anything that Love handed it off.

One thing I had heard is that Love was not in the room when the 2 team members made their way into it. No idea on the accuracy of that, and not stating it as a fact, but the complaint does not indicate one way or the other whether he was.

It’s the feelings of many…..that as part of the investigation, they should have taken those actions seriously, but instead had the head coach put on what appears to be a tribunal kangaroo court letting all the other players verbally attack her.

I have no idea what was on the video but if there was anything compromising on it then it’s even more severe. Nothing can justify those actions. There was nothing illegal about those two being in a room together. Breaking multiple laws to expose it is the issue and it should have been reported to authorities when Trev discovered it. If the Pennsylvania law enforcement didn’t want to do anything then that’s on them. Trev would have been covered.
What laws were potentially broken based on what is ‘known’…even assuming the allegations of the complaint are true as it relates to Pennsylvania?

Um…who is disputing the manner and method the 2 team members entered into Love’s room? Certainly not me. You can’t find a post where I said anything otherwise.

Um…again no, I am not disputing that it may have been illegal to enter the room in the manner in which the 2 team members entered it. Again, you can’t find a post where I said anything of the sort, I even pointed out that Love would have been the victim of that potential ‘crime’. That he didn’t report it to the police, apparently, only means that he didn’t report it.

What was filmed? Again, there’s nothing in the complaint that alleges anything other than that Scoggins was filmed in the room. There’s no allegation that the filming included Love and Scoggins rolling in the hay.

I’m not surprised.

Sarcasm is not a strong point for you, but hey, it’s a rumor forum so people can say whatever they want, with no support whatsoever, because it’s a rumor forum. No need to provide a single iota of support…or so some have stated.
You disputed it in your first response. You said it was just an unsupported news article and you had never heard of anything about them breaking into the room. You asked me to back up my quote which I did.

Nobody has said they were rolling in the hay. Breaking into the room and filming them without their permission is an issue by itself. You seem to act like that is irrelevant. Not whether they were rolling in the hay. It’s been insinuated by me that if they were rolling in the hay it would be even worse.

What laws were potentially broken based on what is ‘known’…even assuming the allegations of the complaint are true as it relates to Pennsylvania?
I don’t know specifically what Pennsylvania laws were broken. I do know that it’s against the law to impersonate another person for the purpose of gaining access to a room you aren’t authorized to be in. The second law would be actually entering that room without permission, the third would be filming them in private without permission and the fourth…..depending on what if any compromising position was on the video….having shared it with a 3rd party.

You disputed it in your first response. You said it was just an unsupported news article and you had never heard of anything about them breaking into the room. You asked me to back up my quote which I did.

Nobody has said they were rolling in the hay. Breaking into the room and filming them without their permission is an issue by itself. You seem to act like that is irrelevant. Not whether they were rolling in the hay. It’s been insinuated by me that if they were rolling in the hay it would be even worse.
This is my first response:

Where are you getting your information that the "practice player" went into the room? What police was Trev supposed to call? When did he become aware? What was the crime that the police needed called for?

Where is it in that that I am disputing that 2 team members entered the room? You never backed up anything about the practice player entering the room.

Where does the complaint say that Love was filmed in the room? What is the crime of filming in the room?

I don’t know specifically what Pennsylvania laws were broken. I do know that it’s against the law to impersonate another person for the purpose of gaining access to a room you aren’t authorized to be in. The second law would be actually entering that room without permission, the third would be filming them in private without permission and the fourth…..depending on what if any compromising position was on the video….having shared it with a 3rd party.
Actually, it’s the same law as it relates to the manner and method that the room was entered. The practice player would have been an accessory to the actual ‘crime’.

As for the rest, you should stick with you don’t know what the Pennsylvania law is, and whether there was or was not a crime.

I’ll add, this goes back to the questions about what exactly Trev was supposed to do as it relates to calling the police.

Last edited:

I asked if Trev should have called the police that night. What happened the next day or the next week is a completely different discussion.

Why would the Pennsylvania police ask Scroggins for her side of the story as it relates to the shenanigans of the team members obtaining a key and entering the room? To determine whether they entered the room under those pretenses? Is anyone disputing that.

How many people knew of these shenanigans at the time? Why didn’t they call the police (assuming a whole bunch of things)? Someone uninvolved reports that 2 team members engaged in shenanigans and gained access to a room that wasn’t theirs, and the person whose room it was did not notify or call the police. No other report of anything. Yeah, the cops ain’t coming.

We’ve had the conversation before about your tendency to assign positions to people that aren’t being taken by them. Do you want to revisit it?

Speaking of rumors, a guy heard at the Village Inn that the relationship was voluntary entered to get more playing time, and when it was discovered, it became obvious that the playing time, on and off the court, was ending. The whole thing is nutt’n more than a scorched earth retribution.

Are we taking that rumor to the bank too?
Maybe they were squatters ;).
There's just no there there

To the bold, who was harmed there, and if someone was inclined to call the police who would that have been?

To the bold, who was harmed there, and if someone was inclined to call the police who would that have been?
Can you imagine:

Dispatcher: 911 what is your emergency?

Trev: I’d like to report a crime.

Dispatcher: What crime are you reporting?

Trev: well you see a couple of the women’s basketball players used subterfuge to gain access to an assistant coaches hotel room to catch another team member with the coach because they thought there may have been some hanky panky going on.

Dispatcher: ok.

Trev: yeah, I’m calling from Nebraska. The team was there for a game.

Dispatcher: was this reported at the time by the coach?

Trev: don’t think so.

Trev: oh yeah, they may have filmed the other team member in the room without her consent. I don’t know if any hanky panky was filmed.

Dispatcher: sir, how old were the team members and the coach?

Trev: they are all adults.

Dispatcher: Does the coach who’s room it was or the team member who was filmed want to make a complaint?

Trev: I have no idea, but people who don’t understand how this works thought I should call and report it so my ass was covered. None of the attorneys who are advising me and our institution have suggested I do this, but I’m sorta worried about what the ignorant folks think. And now, I’m covered. Have a good day.

Alberts: "Hello 911? I'd like to report two people having sex in a hotel."

911 Operator: "Sir, that's a strong allegation. Can you prove it?"
Alberts: "Yes. We have pictures."
911 Operator: "We'll be right there."

;)

I'd guess Alberts certainly was required to report this to the university's Title IX Coordinator. If it was me I'd do so within an hour of hearing of it. Then just do what they say.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back