• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Been avoiding this but finally spilling my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes probably just as likely.....but often victims are trying to use the argument that the lawsuit is forcing change as they are saying its a bad system. When you are basically saying yea........we got rid of the bad apple. We know we still owe you but we are making corrections.
I have to believe the system in place was adequate, it just wasn't followed. But that's for others to sort out.

Where are you getting your information that the "practice player" went into the room? What police was Trev supposed to call? When did he become aware? What was the crime that the police needed called for?
Not speaking for @Hville, but there was an article published (I don't have the link) that outlined some of the serious infractions such as he described, also about a team meeting in which Scoggins was basically slut-shamed by the team with the coach present. When was Trev notified and what actions did he take are good questions.

Where are you getting your information that the "practice player" went into the room? What police was Trev supposed to call? When did he become aware? What was the crime that the police needed called for?

In February 2022, the lawsuit states team members caught and videotaped Scoggin in Love’s hotel room in State College, Pa., after a practice player tricked a hotel desk clerk into giving him Love’s room key. After showing the video recording to Williams, the lawsuit states that the coach took no measures to protect Scoggin’s confidentiality and “took no measures to meaningfully explore whether what had been reported to her was the result of an abuse of power, ethics and status by Love.”

In February 2022, the lawsuit states team members caught and videotaped Scoggin in Love’s hotel room in State College, Pa., after a practice player tricked a hotel desk clerk into giving him Love’s room key. After showing the video recording to Williams, the lawsuit states that the coach took no measures to protect Scoggin’s confidentiality and “took no measures to meaningfully explore whether what had been reported to her was the result of an abuse of power, ethics and status by Love.”
Oh, those broken laws. Faking close relations to coach Love, illegal entry, likely illegal taping.
I get it now.

Not speaking for @Hville, but there was an article published (I don't have the link) that outlined some of the serious infractions such as he described, also about a team meeting in which Scoggins was basically slut-shamed by the team with the coach present. When was Trev notified and what actions did he take are good questions.
Published articles don't mean much. Allegations contained in complaints are simply allegations, not facts. There's no information in the complaint that the "practice player went into the room, and I'm still waiting for the answer for what and when the police should have been called.

Not sure how a protected article answers any questions. It doesn't. There's no allegation in the complaint that the practice player went into the room. There's no assertion in what you quoted that the practice player went into the room. Also waiting for the answer for what and when the police should have been called. And, which police.

Last edited:
Published articles don't mean much. Allegations contained in complaints are simply allegations, not facts. There's no information in the complaint that the "practice player went into the room, and I'm still waiting for the answer for what and when the police should have been called.
Since this was posted in the Rumor forum, I felt it unecessary to prefix "alleged" to every action. I can do that for you, if you wish, but I'm confident you'll be able to mentally do that yourself. No one knows the facts, but information published by a respectable source is fair game for discussion, whether or not you like it.

What makes you believe the system in place wasn't followed?
As I said, that's for others to sort out, which you allegedly chose to ignore.

Since this was posted in the Rumor forum, I felt it unecessary to prefix "alleged" to every action. I can do that for you, if you wish, but I'm confident you'll be able to mentally do that yourself. No one knows the facts, but information published by a respectable source is fair game for discussion, whether or not you like it.

As I said, that's for others to sort out, which you allegedly chose to ignore.
You respond to a post asking specific questions, including sources for certain statements (that were not contained in the complaint or any other article) and also asking what cops should be called and for what crime, and want to go down a tangent of allegations rather than sources for the allegations and other statements? That's interesting. Nutt'n to do with what I like or don't. But assertions not based on 'fact' or factual allegations don't help, and statements about calling the cops in the context of what is going on are ill informed. Whether you like it or not...discussion of actual facts and asserted facts is important...references to unestablished facts and factual allegations not made only serves to dumb the discussion down. It was stated as a fact that the the other practice player went into the room. First time I'd heard or read that allegation. Asking for the source of that allegation should be fair game...but apparently not.

You believe the system didn't work (wasn't followed), but can't explain the basis of that belief? Normal peeps would question their beliefs if they can't explain them, rather than relying on others to explain their beliefs. You seem to be ignoring your statement that the system wasn't followed, but waiting for others to tell you how it wasn't. That is a bold strategy.

Last edited:

You respond to a post asking specific questions, including sources for certain statements (that were not contained in the complaint or any other article) and also asking what cops should be called and for what crime, and want to go down a tangent of allegations rather than sources for the allegations and other statements? That's interesting. Nutt'n to do with what I like or don't. But assertions not based on 'fact' or factual allegations don't help, and statements about calling the cops in the context of what is going on are ill informed. Whether you like it or not...discussion of actual facts and asserted facts is important...references to unestablished facts and factual allegations not made only serves to dumb the discussion down. It was stated as a fact that the the other practice player went into the room. First time I'd heard or read that allegation. Asking for the source of that allegation should be fair game...but apparently not.

You believe the system didn't work (wasn't followed), but can't explain the basis of that belief? Normal peeps would question their beliefs if they can't explain them, rather than relying on others to explain their beliefs. You seem to be ignoring your statement that the system wasn't followed, but waiting for others to tell you how it wasn't. That is a bold strategy.
Obviously, you're a better person than me.
GBR

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back