• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked BCS=BS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not politics. It's about where NU belongs right now. Not to mention it doesn't really matter...

Exactly. Nebraska was eliminated from BCS Championship contention before the first BCS poll came out (i.e. the UCLA loss).

NU could be ranked from about 8th to 20th and it could work. Doesn't really matter at this point since the MNC is out of reach. Win out and NU should be back in the Top 10. A Rose Bowl win and a Top 10 ranking? I'd be pleased with that.

Why do you guys keep saying it doesnt matter?

OF COURSE IT DOES

1. National perception
2. Setting up next year
3. We still have to win the B1G to make it to a BCS game
4. If Michigan wins the week and we lose, there's still a chance we make it to a BCS game if our BCS ranking is high enough
5. If we make it to the CCG and lose, we need that higher ranking to make a BCS game

With that said, just win out and THEN it doesn't matter

Last edited:

OF COURSE IT DOES

1. National perception
2. Setting up next year
4. If Michigan wins the week and we lose, there's still a chance we make it to a BCS game if our BCS ranking is high enough
5. If we make it to the CCG and lose, we need that higher ranking to make a BCS game

Do this and they'll be setup just fine ranking wise and perception wise next year.

We beat Minnesota. If anything that hurt our SOS. Oklahoma did fall a spot and why would LSU fall 7 spots for winning? Here's a hint: beating Iowa isn't going to help us either.

actually our SOS went from 6th to 3rd. But I am just happy we didn't drop in the BCS poll.

Strange, stats are given but there is no notation to where they came from. I thought that was a no-no on this board?

Sagarin has us at 31 and teamrankings.com has us at 19.

click on the "schedule strength" and a spread sheet pops up with the url at the top

OF COURSE IT DOES

1. National perception
2. Setting up next year

National Perception - Bo toning it down will do more than what the BCS numbers this week
Setting up for Next Year - We run the table, we're in the title game....winning next year sets us up better than winning this year does.
We still have to win the BIG to make it to a BCS game.....why yes we do, and I don't think we will. But if we do win the BIG and get to the Rose and Oregons RUTSs us, Both 1 and 2 on your list are irrelevant
If Michigan wins and we lose...Michigan gets to go to the CCG. Losing to Iowa, we'll fall of the map....and again #1 and #2 are irrelevant
If make CCG and Lose....we don't deserve a BCS game with three losses

National Perception - Bo toning it down will do more than what the BCS numbers this week
Setting up for Next Year - We run the table, we're in the title game....winning next year sets us up better than winning this year does.
We still have to win the BIG to make it to a BCS game.....why yes we do, and I don't think we will. But if we do win the BIG and get to the Rose and Oregons RUTSs us, Both 1 and 2 on your list are irrelevant
If Michigan wins and we lose...Michigan gets to go to the CCG. Losing to Iowa, we'll fall of the map....and again #1 and #2 are irrelevant
If make CCG and Lose....we don't deserve a BCS game with three losses

Nick Saban's sideline reputation isn't stellar, yet Bama's national perception is that even with one loss, they should still be #1. Winning/being highly ranked (and being in the SEC) cures all.

The higher rank we finish this year abso-freakin-lutely plays a part in where we rank starting next year.

That's why they play the game. We COULD still win out.

I haven't looked at the remaining big games left (ranked vs ranked), but we could still make a BCS even with a loss either this week or next. Didn't NU still make the national championship after the '01 seasondespite not even winning its division? Don't think it's entirely out of the picture to make a BCS game.

Again, there is nothing bad about being highly ranked. Unless your Oregon or k-state ;)

Well for starters, Oklahoma had to rally & hold off West Virginia (who is a .500 team)...LSU, at home, had to hold off a (sub .500 team) to win...need I say more??

We have had to make big rallies four times this year. Generally, teams out of the top ten do not lose ground unless they lose. The only teams above us to lose were the top two teams, and they didn't fall enough to affect us. I didn't expect to see us change BCS positions this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back