• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Banton declares for NBA draft > Toronto Raptors (#46, 2nd Round)

A little up-date! ;)

(I hope Banton returns to play for us another season.
1624908541251.png
)

Reportedly Banton will not be returning to Nebraska. :(

(Silver Lining is that putting another player in the Draft can only help Hoiberg & Nebraska. ):nod:

I don’t think he was that great here. Good luck in the NBA young man!! I will still root for the guy but just never bought in to him.

I think Banton would have had a better season this year because there would have been more talent around him. Here’s the thing, he’s not an alpha dog who is going to score a ton. You surround him with talent and he’s going to use length to effectively create passing angles and get 1-on-1 matchups where he can use his length for easy takes to the cup. Plus the length to switch 1-5 on defense. Guys like that are few and far between which is what Hoiberg and NBA scouts understand. If he keeps working hard he’s going to get a shot to make some money playing hoops.

I think Banton would have had a better season this year because there would have been more talent around him. Here’s the thing, he’s not an alpha dog who is going to score a ton. You surround him with talent and he’s going to use length to effectively create passing angles and get 1-on-1 matchups where he can use his length for easy takes to the cup. Plus the length to switch 1-5 on defense. Guys like that are few and far between which is what Hoiberg and NBA scouts understand. If he keeps working hard he’s going to get a shot to make some money playing hoops.
Banton had a couple of challenges that didn’t allow him to show us his talents to the fullest. First, he needs more strength. Not bulk, but overall strength. He looked much better, shot better, when he was fresh, but as games and the season wore on, the lack of strength showed. The B1G is physical. Late in the season when he wasn’t playing exclusively point, he looked much better shooting from the perimeter. He had more gas in the tank when not always starting the offense. Second, he wasn’t getting much help from his teammates, especially Teddy, in having them in the right place for kick outs on penetration. If you don’t have a clue where guys are going to be, it’s tough.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back