• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Banton declares for NBA draft > Toronto Raptors (#46, 2nd Round)

He's an interesting talent but I didn't think he was a top end point guard. He's not quick enough for that role and he is not a particularly good perimeter shooter. I wish him well but my guess he ends up playing overseas.

He's not going anywhere -- he wants to know from the pros what he needs to work on. This is good for him to let teams know that he thinks he is good enough, and get a free analysis from the league. Fred probably encouraged him if he mentioned it -- its going to be a cold bucket of water and good motivation to go to work if no team is interested in him.

My opinion is that he won't start for Nebraska this year -- he's behind Trey M and probably Webster. If he works on his handle and his scoring, he might be able to make a NBA team as a change-of-pace guard and fill-in-forward. He looks like he's headed to Europe to me as of now.

Last edited:

I wonder how he is academically? How close to getting his degree? If he enjoys school? I would think people have told him he’s not even physically prepared for the D League.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back