• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Awful play calling

Watching on tv to me it looked as though Coleman stopped his route thinking the ball wasn’t for him and quite honestly I’m not 100% sure if it was for him or Kemp but seems if he kept running his route he would have caught it and scored.

There wasn’t a good replay so not sure if I seen right or not but never have I been a fan of running routes with WRs that close together.

I know most here think Satt is the issue which they are some head scratching moments for sure as far as playing calling. Int’s fumbles and what not are the fault of execution on the player
I've asked this question many times.

When has Satterfield ever been a successful OC? How about the assistant coaches on offense.

If these guys had a track record, then you can be more patient but they don't. They were hired way over their abilities in the hopes they would be something different and it hasn't worked.

I will say this, I haven’t been near as hard on Satt because of the personnel he’s working with as far as injuries go, but when you do something as stupid as that, that leash is gone. It’s not on Purdy, he was put in a terrible position. Satt has to be gone

Right now we don't have a quarterback capable of completing a forward pass just playing catch on the sidelines, let alone in a pressure situation. Find some NIL money and stuff it into the pockets of a "good" underclass quarterback. ASAP!!!

if you have a veteran qb, or even if Purdy had played this year, maybe you call that and trust him. He was playing his first series this year. He was obviously amped up. The team was responding...but he still had played like 8 snaps with only one throw. Imo, you do have to protect (not spoon feed) young, inexperienced qbs, especially at the 5 yd line with the game on the line.

Last edited:

I tend to disagree. A touchdown at that point would have been a dagger in the back of Maryland, so I don’t have a problem with running a play that might be able to score. Of course if the play isn’t there you throw it away and then kick the field goal. Instead, Purdy tried to force something that wasn’t there and made a bad decision. A minimally qualified qb would have done that. We do not have a qualified qb on this team…
At the same time, the guy who called the play also coaches the QBs

I tend to disagree. A touchdown at that point would have been a dagger in the back of Maryland, so I don’t have a problem with running a play that might be able to score. Of course if the play isn’t there you throw it away and then kick the field goal. Instead, Purdy tried to force something that wasn’t there and made a bad decision. A minimally qualified qb would have done that. We do not have a qualified qb on this team…

Everything is based on the chance of success and risk. Two pt conversion success rates are ~40%, and that's from the 2 yard line. Now imagine what the average success rate of getting into the end zone is from the 7. Now, factor in you're asking a 3rd string QB with very little playing time to do that. And now......factor in that it's the Huskers' 3rd string QB. The probability of success is marginal, while the risk is an INT. This is definitely on the OC.

Last edited:

Good point of emphasis.

Satterfield is also the QB coach!!!!!
Not to fall on the sword defending a coach, but I say again - if qbs that have this many years in the game still need to be coached up on how to check out of a bad play depending on defensive alignment, or to throw one away when necessary when a play breaks down, they are NOT serviceable college qbs...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back