• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Awful play calling

This is who Sattefield is. He calls plays like he is playing Madden, and will continue to be a liability as OC.

Edit: seriously, how does anyone watch the Sparty or Maryland games and justify keeping him? The qbs aren't progressing, his playcalling is atrocious, what redeeming quality does he bring to the positions he has?
Well he’s still under his contracts 1st year… so no possible way of making a move.

Purdy's int should have been a called run and kick the FG.
I tend to disagree. A touchdown at that point would have been a dagger in the back of Maryland, so I don’t have a problem with running a play that might be able to score. Of course if the play isn’t there you throw it away and then kick the field goal. Instead, Purdy tried to force something that wasn’t there and made a bad decision. A minimally qualified qb would not have done that. We do not have a qualified qb on this team…

Last edited:

I know most here think Satt is the issue which they are some head scratching moments for sure as far as playing calling. Int’s fumbles and what not are the fault of execution on the player

This is who Sattefield is. He calls plays like he is playing Madden, and will continue to be a liability as OC.

Edit: seriously, how does anyone watch the Sparty or Maryland games and justify keeping him? The qbs aren't progressing, his playcalling is atrocious, what redeeming quality does he bring to the positions he has?
Good point of emphasis.

Satterfield is also the QB coach!!!!!

I tend to disagree. A touchdown at that point would have been a dagger in the back of Maryland, so I don’t have a problem with running a play that might be able to score. Of course if the play isn’t there you throw it away and then kick the field goal. Instead, Purdy tried to force something that wasn’t there and made a bad decision. A minimally qualified qb would have done that. We do not have a qualified qb on this team…
E X A C T L Y, and don't have one committed that fits what this OC wants to do, whatever that is....

I tend to disagree. A touchdown at that point would have been a dagger in the back of Maryland, so I don’t have a problem with running a play that might be able to score. Of course if the play isn’t there you throw it away and then kick the field goal. Instead, Purdy tried to force something that wasn’t there and made a bad decision. A minimally qualified qb would have done that. We do not have a qualified qb on this
Play The odds. The running back has not fumbled all day, and he has been gaining good yardage, run power out of the I and see if you can score. If not, kick the field goal.

I tend to disagree. A touchdown at that point would have been a dagger in the back of Maryland, so I don’t have a problem with running a play that might be able to score. Of course if the play isn’t there you throw it away and then kick the field goal. Instead, Purdy tried to force something that wasn’t there and made a bad decision. A minimally qualified qb would have done that. We do not have a qualified qb on this team…

An intelligent OC and HC don't let a 3rd string QB make that poor decision! College offenses have evolved to the point where even most starting QBs aren't allowed to call audibles. College offenses are completely "coach controlled." That's why you see offenses quite often look over to the sideline before the snap. There isn't a successful OC in the country who'd have called that play with a 3rd string QB when their defense was playing as well as Nebraska's.

Regardless of the sport, the #1 thing a coach is supposed to do is put their players in a position to succeed. Satterfeld (and Rhule) failed that most basic coaching tenant today, and it's hardly the first time they've failed at it.

That is why, at minimum, Satterfeld must go.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back