• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Awful play calling

Purdy's int should have been a called run and kick the FG.
This is who Sattefield is. He calls plays like he is playing Madden, and will continue to be a liability as OC.

Edit: seriously, how does anyone watch the Sparty or Maryland games and justify keeping him? The qbs aren't progressing, his playcalling is atrocious, what redeeming quality does he bring to the positions he has?

Last edited:

Another head scratching play leading to another head scratching defeat. There will come a day when the HUSKERS change this scenario but I'm not sure that will be anytime soon.

I knew this was coming. While it’s hard to argue that in this case the call seems counterintuitive, it still comes down to execution. I don’t like throwing players under the bus, but once again, our lack of true quarterback talent comes back to bite us in the butt. The ultimate irony of today is that for better or for worse, Purdy is probably the best ‘natural‘ qb on our roster, instead of an athlete trying to pose as a qb. It’s just maddening that we have missed on qbs all these years. We have GOT to get this fixed. I said in another thread that our qbs are good guys and good teammates - good on them - but they sadly are not good football players…

Last edited:

or at worst a fade into back corner. no way you ask him to throw in tight quarters with so little experience and his excitement level through the roof
That’s the thing - he could have done that and it would have been right - he’s been around college football long enough to know that and I’m sure he’s been coached on that throughout his playing days. It does not need to be spoon fed to him (or any of our other qbs) any more. We need a real qb in the WORST possible way…

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back