• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Avante Dickerson.Decommits From MN;

I too have thought about this one,itd be nice to flip this young guy to Nebr. ----- I could see NW, or notre dame, if the guy had that kind of academics (and maybe he does, i dunno). but minn ? really ? this one hurts. he may see that we lost 2 of last years db recruits, and this leaves an easier path to an earlier starting postion than b4

Last edited:
I too have thought about this one,itd be nice to flip this young guy to Nebr. ----- I could see NW, or notre dame, if the guy had that kind of academics (and maybe he does, i dunno). but minn ? really ? this one hurts. he may see that we lost 2 of last years db recruits, and this leaves an easier path to an earlier starting postion than b4
Or his pride gets in the way, and after taking a couple of shots at the program, he realizes a switch comes with a few bites of crow as well. If MN isn't looking like his dream either, then I think he has other options he'll look at before reconsidering Nebraska.

Or his pride gets in the way, and after taking a couple of shots at the program, he realizes a switch comes with a few bites of crow as well. If MN isn't looking like his dream either, then I think he has other options he'll look at before reconsidering Nebraska.
I don't recall Dickerson taking shots at the program, I know Johnson said a few things about stability when he committed to Iowa tho.

I don't recall Dickerson taking shots at the program, I know Johnson said a few things about stability when he committed to Iowa tho.
I think Dickerson basically just said that he was never really an NU fan and didn't feel any real connection with the home-state school. Keagan and Clester Sr. took things a bit further with some veiled shots.

Too bad we missed out on both. Assuming they stick around for a few years, I think we found several 2021 WRs that are as good or better than Johnson. Dickerson seems to be a much better prospect than any of our 2021 DBs though, so that miss really hurts.

What shots were those?

I stand corrected, I just went back and read his interview, and he just felt really good about the MN situation. I was surprised to read his dream school was actually Florida, who apparently showed no interest.

I stand corrected, I just went back and read his interview, and he just felt really good about the MN situation. I was surprised to read his dream school was actually Florida, who apparently showed no interest.

I think you were referring to his dad misunderstanding a tweet from a former player.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back