• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Attention! April 24th at four thirty pm!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skunkman is king! Now I have another set of numbers to remember: 21 days till my 13 day trip to Disney World, 82 days till Skunkman's corn comes in, 129 days till the Huskers open the season, 149 days till Vala's Pumpkin Patch opens

Skunkman I will have to find where I can buy some Skunkman Corn from. Read all about it need to get my own and try it out. As we get closer to harvest I will contact you. Should I go ahead and ask for 4 doz ears now?

Left one out.....251 days before the NCG that NU will play !!!

With Gods luck and a heck of a lot of Skunk's sweat.

Mmmmmm. Mmmmmmmm. Can't get me 'nough o' de' ole skunk sweat. Yessah..dat's de life.

Seriously, though...is this the super-sweet corn, or the good old fashion sweet corn?

Mmmmmm. Mmmmmmmm. Can't get me 'nough o' de' ole skunk sweat. Yessah..dat's de life.

Seriously, though...is this the super-sweet corn, or the good old fashion sweet corn?

A little of both, it's a SE but it's triple sweet.

The good old fashion sweet corn is like what I said above It is damn good but for only about a day or two then right away it starts turning it's sugar to starch.

Ok it's been long enough, How is the corn? Do you have pictures? When will it be ready? To me we might need to move this thread to the recruting side. UPDATE Please!!!!!!!

I'm guess'n the corns been in the ground about 70 days and Skunk said it would take 82... so less than 2 weeks!! Sure wish Skunk would get a digital camera and post a few pics just to temp us! :)

Last edited:

Skunkman needs to set up one of those live cams for the sweet corn. Just like the Eagle Cam. The "Corn Cam"!

Lots of us would be glued to it and watch the corn grow. I'm thinking it would generate a nationwide audience.

What do you say Skunkman? When's the "Corn Cam" going up?

Edit: Just think. You would have 1261 HuskerMax Member and an additional 1,245,347 lurkers watching 24-7 for coons in the corn. You can finally get some much needed sleep.

Last edited:
Dear Skunky,

First corn started to show up in town this week, how far out is yours?

Sincerely,
HM

With this lovely heatwave that we have, my first planted corn has had tassels for about a week now. The silk and ears are now out , so it's time to get the electric wires up to keep out the coons! I have kept the first half well watered so I hope this high heat does not make the ears small! We are getting close people, but not quite there yet! Since mine is a triple sweet it is a full season corn, so I'm never the "First to hit the street!"

Will keep you all posted!

Again let's keep our fingers crossed that the darn heat does not effect the size of the ears.

Praying for some rain for you Skunkman. In a real statement people do not understand how much our country needs corn and with the lack of rain we could be in alot of trouble. Would like to see some pictures of the corn though

How's it look'n Skunk? The heat mess'n wit da triple sweet? Seriously, we've had quite a bit of sweet corn sold round here the past couple weeks but the ears are really stunted..uh, kinda a corn polio. The taste is decent but my grand daughter was asking why it didn't look like the other sweet corn (Yours). I told her.... "it's coming, it's like desert, we save the best for last". :)

Last edited:

Do you irrigate your corn Skunk?

The corn here in the KC area is looking pretty bad. But it varies from field to field. Some of it is completely brown and looking dead and some looks like there might be some yield left. We haven't had a significant rainfall here in over a month and, at least the fields I've seen, there is no irrigation because usually we get enough rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back