• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Attention! April 24th at four thirty pm!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skunkman1

Husker Immortal Love Tool
15 Year Member
One half of "The CORN" Was put in the ground! With Gods luck and a heck of a lot of Skunk's sweat.
Our goal will be obtained about 82 days from now!:wave::wave::wave:

The other half will be put to rest about three weeks from now!

Is this about the same time as you normally plant it Skunk or are you in the ground earlier this year?

Skunkman is king! Now I have another set of numbers to remember: 21 days till my 13 day trip to Disney World, 82 days till Skunkman's corn comes in, 129 days till the Huskers open the season, 149 days till Vala's Pumpkin Patch opens

Skunkman I will have to find where I can buy some Skunkman Corn from. Read all about it need to get my own and try it out. As we get closer to harvest I will contact you. Should I go ahead and ask for 4 doz ears now?

I am going to show a lot of ignorance here (something I am very good at, by the way). Why do you wait 3 weeks to plant the rest of the corn?

Last edited:
I am going to show a lot of ignorance here (something I am very good at, by the way). Why do you wait 3 weeks to plant the rest of the corn?

Because I pick it all by hand and I don't want it all ready at the same time. You wait and wait and wait for sweetcorn to be just right but then you have only a few days before the sugar starts to turn to starch, I wish I could just pick it all with a machine and then store it but again to get it just perfect I have to be in there touching and feeling all my ears and then pick only when it is ready.

The best thing about my corn is that it gives me more days of sugar before it turns to starch, that is why I pay so much more for it!

Because I pick it all by hand and I don't want it all ready at the same time. You wait and wait and wait for sweetcorn to be just right but then you have only a few days before the sugar starts to turn to starch, I wish I could just pick it all with a machine and then store it but again to get it just perfect I have to be in there touching and feeling all my ears and then pick only when it is ready.

Makes sense. Thanks for the response.

One half of "The CORN" Was put in the ground! With Gods luck and a heck of a lot of Skunk's sweat.
Our goal will be obtained about 82 days from now!:wave::wave::wave:

The other half will be put to rest about three weeks from now!

wow !!! In the valentine area we usually dont plant till mid/late may.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back