• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

asst coaches ?

That being said, Parrella pulled in some studs for 2017 class but it not impressed with his 2018 guys so may not be as important for the DL.

I also think Donte may already have something lined up.
Wasn't FSU looking to fire their WR coach mid-season? I think KW goes there. Not that impressed with Parrella recruiting. I can't gauge his coaching because the defense Diaco is running isn't set up for DL to shine.

Wasn't FSU looking to fire their WR coach mid-season? I think KW goes there. Not that impressed with Parrella recruiting. I can't gauge his coaching because the defense Diaco is running isn't set up for DL to shine.
Parrella recruiting for 2017 I was real impressed with. Thomas x 2 and who knows what Watts would be.

Parrella recruiting for 2017 I was real impressed with. Thomas x 2 and who knows what Watts would be.
That is concerning. He was a new commodity in 2017. Now when he works at FNL, etc. the DL guys rarely talk about NU after working with him. When other coaches (besides Cav) were making huge waves in recruiting, he was basically silent.

Last edited:
That is concerning. He was a new commodity in 2017. Now when he works at FNL, etc. the DL guys rarely talk about NU after working with him. When other coaches (besides Cav) were making huge waves in recruiting, he was basically silent.
That'll happen when a new D.C. comes in and throws away your recruiting board and you have to start over.

That'll happen when a new D.C. comes in and throws away your recruiting board and you have to start over.
That makes sense but why aren’t DL recruits talking about how good of a coach he is after FNL or camps?

The 3 he mentioned parrella. Williams,williams would be great people to keep if scott or whoever wanted to. Both williams great recruiters.GBR !!#
I think we have been hiring coaches based on recruiting ability and not teaching ability. I think we need teachers that can recruit.

I think we have been hiring coaches based on recruiting ability and not teaching ability. I think we need teachers that can recruit.

I think the situation in Lincoln has gotten so cloudy over the last three seasons that it’s really hard to know who is who anymore.

Is Parella a middling coach, or did the Diaco train totally throw him off the tracks this year?

I agree. I might be in the minority, but based on in-game performance, I have seen nothing out of our DBs that would make me lose a wink of sleep over DW moving on. He's had all season to make a 4* DB look like something more than a walk on and I'm still waiting.

"First year", "great recruiter", etc, etc. I hear it, but I judge based upon what my eyes see on Saturday.

I hope we can hang on to parella, and the 2 williams guys. how cool would it be if frost could convince Tom Rathman to come coach the RB ?

If you'e angling for Husker alumni who would be dream staff members, the first guy you should hope for is Burton Burns, who is the associate head coach and running backs coach at Alabama.

If you'e angling for Husker alumni who would be dream staff members, the first guy you should hope for is Burton Burns, who is the associate head coach and running backs coach at Alabama.
Only problem with Burns is he'll be like 66 years old next year so he may have retirement on the horizon rather than a rebuild

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back