• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Another Weekend, another Smoke.....

Does reheating frozen smoked meat inside the Foodsaver bag count as another cook? If so, I need to update my scorecard.

Honestly, it is a great time saver during the week. Place the bag on the rack with the oven on low and check on it every 20 minutes or so. No loss of moisture, and some stuff I have found actually gets more tender.

Last night was 1" loin chops that I brined and smoked last month.

Does reheating frozen smoked meat inside the Foodsaver bag count as another cook? If so, I need to update my scorecard.

Honestly, it is a great time saver during the week. Place the bag on the rack with the oven on low and check on it every 20 minutes or so. No loss of moisture, and some stuff I have found actually gets more tender.

Never tried the bag and refreeze thing. Interesting. Still great taste?

A co-worker told me about this years ago. If you don't have the Foodsaver bag, I have used a plastic container to put the meat in, filled the container with the cooking juices, topped off with water, and froze. Thawed it out in the microwave (which made the house smell great again).

I had overcooked a pork loin one time. The immediate meal was a little dry (to say the least). But the next thawed out meal was juicy and had a better flavor than the original meal. As the co-worker told me, the liquid in the container removed all of the air to keep the freezer burn to a very minimum (if any at all).

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back