• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Andrew Ward ( LB) leaving NU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, I made the claim that he and the coaches came to a mutual understanding that led to his departure...he can't or won't buy in to being dedicated enough to football this year. Case closed...not sure what you are reading into this that's not actually there.
That’s not what you initially said, but I appreciate the revisionist history. Also, people are claiming Decker wasn’t mutual. But you know more than them.

“This was all Decker's decision. Frost/Austin tried getting him to stay but Decker (apparently a very smart guy) has decided that he doesn't want to risk any more injuries/concussions because he has bigger plans in life.”

We already know all of the pertinent facts. SF is having meetings to outline status of each player. SF only wants players who buy-in to being able to devote themselves to winning championships, those that fit his program, and those willing with potential. Those that can't buy in are among those that leave, those that can and fit or have potential, stay. Decker could not commit to it...as a result he is leaving. Herd thinned in this case because he couldn't, or wouldn't buy in.

The next time someone accuses you of being honest will be the first. Decker's heart wasn't in it and he retired, McMullen's heart wasn't in it and he retired. It takes quite the petty person to take cheap shots at college athletes who can't be around to defend themselves, you seem to take pride in it.

That’s not what you initially said, but I appreciate the revisionist history. Also, people are claiming Decker wasn’t mutual. But you know more than them.

“This was all Decker's decision. Frost/Austin tried getting him to stay but Decker (apparently a very smart guy) has decided that he doesn't want to risk any more injuries/concussions because he has bigger plans in life.”
So you are saying SF wants Decker to risk injury? Decker's reason for non-commitment is solid, I've never said otherwise. But, I do resent anyone telling me that SF would fight a player that wanted to leave because of a potential health issue affecting his ability to buy in. I think more of SF than those spewing this stuff, I'll believe it when I hear SF tell us he tried to talked Decker out of it.

So you are saying SF wants Decker to risk injury? Decker's reason for non-commitment is solid, I've never said otherwise. But, I do resent anyone telling me that SF would fight a player that wanted to leave because of a potential health issue affecting his ability to buy in. I think more of SF than those spewing this stuff, I'll believe it when I hear SF tell us he tried to talked Decker out of it.

It's the same health issue every player who straps on a helmet risks, an injury. You need to work on your feigned outrage.

The next time someone accuses you of being honest will be the first. Decker's heart wasn't in it and he retired, McMullen's heart wasn't in it and he retired. It takes quite the petty person to take cheap shots at college athletes who can't be around to defend themselves, you seem to take pride in it.
First, I've never taken a shot at Decker. McMullen on the other hand, deserves any shots he gets from anyone. He was part of a group of malcontents in the DL that were egged on (and out) by Kaz and didn't have the dedication or fortitude to stick it out as a Senior leader for his team. He is a consummate "me" player, not a team guy at all. He's no Husker to me, not after that baloney. Sure, they tried to put perfume on that stinking story, but it still reeked.

First, I've never taken a shot at Decker. McMullen on the other hand, deserves any shots he gets from anyone. He was part of a group of malcontents in the DL that were egged on (and out) by Kaz and didn't have the dedication or fortitude to stick it out as a Senior leader for his team. He is a consummate "me" player, not a team guy at all. He's no Husker to me, not after that baloney. Sure, they tried to put perfume on that stinking story, but it still reeked.

So now Decker's a liar? Sounds like player bashing...

This is the H'max equivalent of "hold my beer".

How can you claim McMullen was a "me" player? Sounds like it wasn't an easy decision for him and there were personal (and coaching) reasons as to why he decided to quit football. Not an easy career decision for a kid who came to play at the highest college level and beyond.
http://www.omaha.com/huskers/tbl-in...cle_5a223622-080e-11e6-8893-f7d0ed63d783.html

From the article: McMullen described his "inner struggles," even battles with depression and the realization that his "heart and mind" just weren't in it anymore.

He also discusses his relationship — or lack of one — with defensive coordinator Mark Banker, someone McMullen says he never spoke with throughout their shared time in Lincoln.

That's not even close to what happened

So good. LOL

Ah yes, your blind hatred of Kaz/Pelini is being taken out on a student athlete......a student athlete who chose to focus his time on helping kids. Freedom, MIck, Newell and the twins were all part of that group of malcontents, I certainly hope Frost doesn't plan on keeping them around.

Why even bother, fellas??? You know what you're in for when you engage with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back