• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

And so it begins…..

There is plenty of money in reserves.
They already dipped into the reserves for this year…

I’m not sure on how big a reserve they have or are willing to part with given all the circumstances we all quoted.

I think my logic still stands…

Lets make a friendly bet.

I say if the team does not entirely implode…Frost gets his 5th year

I think 4-8 and the team shows up every game…that gets him by.

If I‘m right….You pick out a six pack of the best micro brew German style lager beer and send it to me.

If I’m wrong, I will do the same for you.

They already dipped into the reserves for this year…

I’m not sure on how big a reserve they have or are willing to part with given all the circumstances we all quoted.

I think my logic still stands…

Lets make a friendly bet.

I say if the team does not entirely implode…Frost gets his 5th year

I think 4-8 and the team shows up every game…that gets him by.

If I‘m right….You pick out a six pack of the best micro brew German style lager beer and send it to me.

If I’m wrong, I will do the same for you.
I’ll go for that. Sounds like fun. Just not sure either of us winning the bet means we are getting a winning decision. Nobody can predict the future accurately. While many are calling for Frosts head right now I’m not one. I really believe we need to see how this plays out the rest of the season. I do think the discussions across the board of the ramifications are justifiable discussions and quite frankly are likely already on trevs mind as he is watching the season fold out.

Truth be told if we only won one more and it was Iowa I’d probably be happy with SF for another year.

Last edited:
I would target Tom Herman or Pat Narduzzi as top candidates.

Good candidates, I agree. Personally, my list would be Luke Fickell and Chris Petersen first and foremost (yes, both are huge long shots, but you have to at least put a package together and make them tell you no).

After them, my top guys would be Billy Napier (ultimately, he wants to coach in the SEC, however), Kyle Whittingham, Greg Schiano, Dave Aranda, Jeff Hafley, Bill O'Brien and Lane Kiffin.

@N2FL

Lane Kiffen?

At Nebraska?

I mean I like the rest of your candidates but that last one just lost me.

Good Coach? Well yes.

A suitable fit for Nebraska? The people here? The fans? The state itself? The temperament? A long term coach?

Sorry my friend, I just don’t see it.

Maybe it’s having lived in Tennessee for nearly 30 years … He!! No.

He may have the famous family name from Lexington, Nebraska but I have no use for that smug bleeping bleepity bleep.

I can hear the argument about fitting the 'Nebraska Way', but that guy is a really good coach IMPO. His confidence and arrogance turn some people off, but his players love it and love him. It's part of the swag culture he instills. It's not for everyone, but I like it.

He's grown up a lot as a person and coach since his Oakland and Tennessee days. I think his style would be popular if he's winning. Maybe old school guys in their 60's or 70's might be turned off by it, but frankly that's not the demographic that matters.

I can hear the argument about fitting the 'Nebraska Way', but that guy is a really good coach IMPO. His confidence and arrogance turn some people off, but his players love it and love him. It's part of the swag culture he instills. It's not for everyone, but I like it.

He's grown up a lot as a person and coach since his Oakland and Tennessee days. I think his style would be popular if he's winning. Maybe old school guys in their 60's or 70's might be turned off by it, but frankly that's not the demographic that matters.
@N2FL — I appreciate much of what you contribute to the board & especially in our recruiting forum, but I do fit into the stereotype you presented — old school, almost 60 & grew up at the knee of a depression generation.

Yes, Kiffin has exceptional coaching talent, but Monte misnamed his son … should have been Richard Cranium. ;)

@N2FL — I appreciate much of what you contribute to the board & especially in our recruiting forum, but I do fit into the stereotype you presented — old school, almost 60 & grew up at the knee of a depression generation.

Yes, Kiffin has exceptional coaching talent, but Monte misnamed his son … should have been Richard Cranium. ;)
I'm with you. I hear you. I could get over it real quick if he came here and beat Iowa and Minnesota.

I'm with you. I hear you. I could get over it real quick if he came here and beat Iowa and Minnesota.
Maybe he’s grown up…maybe he has matured.

Even let’s say that is true…Problem with Lane Kiffin is he would always view Nebraska as a steppingstone. Just another school in his journey.

Let’s say he gets here and has a couple of good years. And LSU, or Texas A&M or Florida or Texas, or hell, USC wants him back for a few million more.

He jumps ship immediately and we are back at square one….

We need long term stability. I just can’t imagine Kiffen giving us that.

But hell, we need to start winning first….so there is that.

Maybe he’s grown up…maybe he has matured.

Even let’s say that is true…Problem with Lane Kiffin is he would always view Nebraska as a steppingstone. Just another school in his journey.

Let’s say he gets here and has a couple of good years. And LSU, or Texas A&M or Florida or Texas, or hell, USC wants him back for a few million more.

He jumps ship immediately and we are back at square one….

We need long term stability. I just can’t imagine Kiffen giving us that.

But hell, we need to start winning first….so there is that.
Deal with that when it happens. It beats losing seasons and watching other teams play in bowl games every year.

Yeah…understand the thought.

look at the last sentence I wrote
Yes, sir. Sorry, I'm currently pacing around and alternating between mumbling prayers and swear words as I watch my grown and organic Atlanta Braves battle the best roster you can buy (LA Dodgers).

Well I’ve been in Tennessee for over 25 years and the dude can coach. He’s one of those guys that you love if he is on your sideline. I have Tennessee friends that hate him and I have Tennessee friends that would take him back in a heartbeat.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back