• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Ameer is Staying

Status
Not open for further replies.

That guy is just impressive on every level. I thought Rex was an impossible act to follow (on and off the field).
Ameer has done so beautifully.

Great news, I honestly thought Ameer should leave, but this just shows how much class this young man has! When he said earlier this year how much he looked forward to playing with Tommy Armstrong, I thought just maybe he would come back for his senior year.

Now, the key will be getting him off the field and letting Cross, Newby and Taylor share the load during the season. Of course in crunch time, Ameer will demand the ball, he will get it and we will be very happy that he does!

gameday-bucket-go-boom-o.gif

It's always kinda fun to look back in time...remember this article from Ameer's freshman year?

http://www.omaha.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110915/HUSKERS/709159709/1001

A snippet that pertains especially to today's announcement:
[Ameer Abdullah's father] joined the insurance industry, started a family with his wife. They named the ninth child Ameer.They raised him in a highly competitive household in a suburb of Birmingham. They preached hard work, putting God first, treating everybody the same. Don't be meek, but don't boast.

Seven of Ameer's eight siblings have graduated from college (one is still a senior at Auburn). Now they're lawyers, bankers, pharmacists, accountants.

Ameer will join them one day. But first he plays football.

Abdulah's return will help the Husker offense next fall. I hope the Oline will be able to get him some nice holes.

Go Big RED!

Chris Landry was on a radio show talking about draft grades a few weeks ago, and he mentioned that the grades the players are given are not specific to round. It is more of a general sense for whether they are likely to be taken early, middle, late or not at all.

I don't know if that's entirely accurate. From what I was told from about as good of a source as you can get on the Abdullah situation, they gave him an estimation of as high as the third or fourth round. If it would have been round 2-3 like he thought, he was gone. As of about a week ago, it wasn't looking good...

This is really really good news...

Last edited:

I don't know if that's entirely accurate. From what I was told from about as good of a source as you can get on the Abdullah situation, they gave him an estimation of as high as the third or fourth round. If it would have been round 2-3 like he thought, he was gone. As of about a week ago, it wasn't looking good...

This is really really good news...

If it was a 2-3 round projection, he should have went. Nothing that I saw from the various draft "experts" led me to believe that it was going to be that high. I am glad about that.

Buy that insurance policy and then run wild!!! Hopefully his carries will be limited especially early in the season.

Knowing Ameer, I doubt that will happen..... The kid wants the ball, remember he was mentored by another player who wanted the ball (Rex)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back