• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

AM isn't the problem

I was referring to some of those long balls—had they been in stride, the receivers may have scored. Especially, the one we ended up on the 20 yrd line late in the game. Maybe the receiver wasn’t fast enough. I was hoping he would get in the end zone when he caught it...

I have hopes like that on every pass. So do they.

Last edited:

I remember. Really nice catch by Allen for a first down.

It’s funny to me, we’ve had QBs here who weren’t as accurate as AM on their best days.
But yet, every week there are threads and comments complaining about a couple of throws that weren’t exactly perfect. It doesn’t even matter if they were caught…..it’s old and tired.
Yes it does matter. What’s old and tiring is people saying how great am is yet blame all his blunders on the line. Yes he hasn’t made any huge blunders this year but if they do happen I’m sure you guys will blame them on the line and say it wasn’t his fault.

Yes it does matter. What’s old and tiring is people saying how great am is yet blame all his blunders on the line. Yes he hasn’t made any huge blunders this year but if they do happen I’m sure you guys will blame them on the line and say it wasn’t his fault.

I don't think anyone is saying AM is perfect, no QB is. But it's encouraging to know that you agree that he's not the problem this year......

I don't think anyone is saying AM is perfect, no QB is. But it's encouraging to know that you agree that he's not the problem this year......
Well he was one of the problem for the last three years but glad to see him finally turning the corner and not turn the ball over. The line this year is very inconsistent that’s for sure but they show they have the talent. Many plays am had time to pass against Oklahoma. Hoping they can turn the corner as well. Jurgens has gotten better at snapping the ball something that was also a huge problem the last couple years as well.

Rob Zatechka says the OL scheme is their biggest problem.
Well he was one of the problem for the last three years but glad to see him finally turning the corner and not turn the ball over. The line this year is very inconsistent that’s for sure but they show they have the talent. Many plays am had time to pass against Oklahoma. Hoping they can turn the corner as well. Jurgens has gotten better at snapping the ball something that was also a huge problem the last couple years as well.

Agreed. Our OL is starting to make small steps of progress. Will take a while to gel as much as I would like, but progress taking on a quality defense. SEC lines are going to eat OU up if they don't get bigger on D line.
What small steps did you see on Saturday?

AM has never been the problem. His second year he was pretty beat up and probably tried to do too much. A lot of programs would be happy to have him. It's always been the O-line, special teams and possibly S&C.

Speaking of our O-line and the fact that they have trouble run blocking...is it technique or the strength program failing them?
Your either revising history or you are not watching the games. Illini game was lost because he dropped the ball. Last year he had 4 drops in one half against Rutgers. How is that not his fault? He is playing a better game this year, than the last couple of years.

I saw a stat where we were in OU territory nine times and came away with 16 points. Pretty tough to win games when you can’t get in the end zone. We will need many more points this weekend.

I really expected to see more bootleg action to get AM out of the pocket to negate OU pursuit, didn't UCF do that a lot with Milton?

Your either revising history or you are not watching the games. Illini game was lost because he dropped the ball. Last year he had 4 drops in one half against Rutgers. How is that not his fault? He is playing a better game this year, than the last couple of years.
We did not lose that game because he dropped the ball. We had missed tackles, missed blocks, poor pass routes, missed assignments on line play, poor play calling, no running game, stupid penalties, missed field goals and poor game planning. Luckily we got most of our offense out of the quarterback with little other help from anyone else.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back