• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

AM isn't the problem

The QB battle today was pretty much a draw. If you factor who has the better O Line, AM gets the nod as being a little more impressive.

and I'll never understand why we don't fair catch the kickoff that we fielded in the second half... think we got to the 14 yard line, could have had the 25, not like we think we're good as a return team right?
Been saying this forever. Just fair catch every kickoff. Getting it at the 25 is a gift.

I think maybe he's referring to the catch that Falck made. It was a little high but not terrible. However, if I remember correctly AM had to put the ball over a defender to even get the ball to him. It was a tough throw and catch, good play all around.
I guess I’m wondering what the few better thrown balls that might have been Touchdowns he was referring too.

I guess I’m wondering what the few better thrown balls that might have been Touchdowns he was referring too.

I don't recall any of those.....the long ball he threw to Vokolek was pretty much right on the money. But he's not going to outrace a DB.

I think maybe he's referring to the catch that Falck made. It was a little high but not terrible. However, if I remember correctly AM had to put the ball over a defender to even get the ball to him. It was a tough throw and catch, good play all around.
also don't forget about a pass over the middle to Allen in 3rd or 4th quarter which he caught but was 2 feet behind and Allen had his bell rung on the play. Just a bad pass

Seriously? Which ones?
I was referring to some of those long balls—had they been in stride, the receivers may have scored. Especially, the one we ended up on the 20 yrd line late in the game. Maybe the receiver wasn’t fast enough. I was hoping he would get in the end zone when he caught it...

also don't forget about a pass over the middle to Allen in 3rd or 4th quarter which he caught but was 2 feet behind and Allen had his bell rung on the play. Just a bad pass

I remember. Really nice catch by Allen for a first down.

It’s funny to me, we’ve had QBs here who weren’t as accurate as AM on their best days.
But yet, every week there are threads and comments complaining about a couple of throws that weren’t exactly perfect. It doesn’t even matter if they were caught…..it’s old and tired.

AM has never been the problem. His second year he was pretty beat up and probably tried to do too much. A lot of programs would be happy to have him. It's always been the O-line, special teams and possibly S&C.

Speaking of our O-line and the fact that they have trouble run blocking...is it technique or the strength program failing them?

In all fairness to the OL, every team we play will pack the box and force us to beat them with the pass, Nebr has been defended that way for years, since we usually never have a qb who can beat a team with the pass. so until we show some teams that we are gonna beat with with receiving playmakers, on a consistent basis, we will see man to man coverage and 8 men in the box on D.

I couldn’t disagree more concerning the O line. They look dazed and confused out there. The entire running back room had barely 100 yards rushing against Buffalo. Today we averaged something like 2.7 yards a carry. That’s not progress.
Would you have rather had the O Line that played against Illinois? OU much more talented. Just saying we are seeing incremental improvement for once along the o line. They are relatively inexperienced. Not making excuses for them because they are the reason these games are too close. Not 2AM alone. When he has time he is super efficient on the underneath stuff under 20 yards and he is improving the deep stuff as he gets more straight dropkick without having to shift in the pocket all the time. Resetting feet for QBs is no bueno.

We took over at our 17 yard line with no time outs left and 57 seconds left in the game. We struggled to move the ball for large chunks of the game under normal circumstances. Did you honestly believe we were going to go 83 yards, score a TD, and kick an EP in that situation?

If someone was open downfield I'm pretty certain AM would've thrown it.
I expect him to look like he has run a 2 minute drill at some point in practice. Do I expect an 83 yard drive ? No , but I expect a little bit better situational awareness and taking a chance of getting the ball down the field.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back