• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Alternate Uniforms Released: Going With Blackshirt Theme

Just curious as to what everyone’s concerns are heading into game week soon-other than the obvious positions (QB as one example)....holy $**T...IT’S ALMOST GAME WEEK LADIES AND GENTS! (And I use those terms of endearment loosely here ;))

Mine is overall depth at o-line and LB. I know that scheme can somewhat cover up both of those areas- but as the rough B1G season goes on, we neeeeeeed to stay healthy in those areas or it could get scary.

Thoughts?

I think everyone will have varying degrees of concern about interior line play, linebacker depth and experience, and two new starters at safety.

For this exercise, instead of focusing on position groups, I'll be focusing on 3rd down efficiency on both sides of the ball, turnover margin, and improved health of the team. We HAVE to be better in all three facets. If we are, the Huskers will make noise in the West. If not, it will be a frustrating season.

Last edited:

What is our plan to expand the trophy case?
How big can it be made?
Does it make sense to build a brand new trophy case instread of renovating the existing one?
:Corn2:

We need to get YPP down to about 5 and OPP TD below 35. both doable. That would be .8 yd improvement and 1 td pg improvement.

Reactions: RMR

I believe that the OL will be vastly improved and we have plenty of very good runners. The passing game is my biggest concern. QB/coaches will be bringing along several new receivers and will need to better incorporate the TE's into our attack.

Being our own worst enemy. We started last year 0-6. Michigan beat us one game and we beat ourselves in 5 of them with stupid mistakes, penalties, 3rd and long defensive failures and a few coaching snafu's. We have to execute in all facets of the game. Those first year mistakes have to be eliminated or greatly reduced.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back