• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

ADRIAN MARTINEZ

DONU needs one of its talented QB's to play so well that you have to "bench" the others and put this issue to rest. And I don't care whom :) it is........
I never care. Just want someone dependable and has a gamers mentality. Outside of a few individual great plays Martinez has had, he has been otherwise sub par average. He is a mistake prone player. Not sure you can coach that out of someone.

You read allot more into texts than you should. Key words you might want to zero in on are: "May be", "Hopefully", "doing well".....after two surgeries, especially on a QB.
"May be" becomes less of a qualifier when it is used in a declaratory statement. "Sounds like it may be" is not a question. It is a statement. If you would have said "Is there a chance it may be?" One is declaratory the other is questioning.

"May be" becomes less of a qualifier when it is used in a declaratory statement. "Sounds like it may be" is not a question. It is a statement. If you would have said "Is there a chance it may be?" One is declaratory the other is questioning.
Definition::
maybe
adverb

may·be | \ ˈmā-bē also ˈme- \
Definition of maybe
(Entry 1 of 2)
: PERHAPS

maybe
noun
Definition of maybe (Entry 2 of 2)
: UNCERTAINTY

May be you are reading into this more than what is meant!

Last edited:
And it would be nice to see Smothers or McCaffery light it up or both. Martinez is just like the last Martinez. Erratic and always hurt, never healthy. That doesn’t win football games. Play so well you have to bench the incumbent.
Just read this:

"... redshirted freshman Luke McCaffrey will work exclusively at quarterback through all of spring, Frost said, after discussing options with McCaffrey. "

"I think there may be a time to talk about something else for him for down the road, but right now he is competing to be the quarterback," Frost said, "That's where he is in our eyes, so we want to give him every chance in the spring to do that. Come fall, if he is not the guy, then I'm sure there are some ways we can use him."

No spring practices may hurt his chances of starting now!

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back