• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

ADRIAN MARTINEZ

neb_box_2__66918.1568389933.jpg

Last edited:
I AGREE SOMETHING HAPPENED!

I thought he was something special his freshman year so I hope he can find that special something he had but football is about performance. If he can't find it then the spot should be open to anyone who can perform better.

My "insider rumors" had Adrian being injured the week of practice before the opener...and then dealt with the injury or injuries all season.
I guess we'll know if this was indeed true on or about 9/5/20/

So what do you suppose was injured? Cuz it would've had to affect his throwing, AND his speed.

He appeared hesitant to pull the trigger on throws, and hesitant to take off and run. And he wasn't outrunning anyone, or making any moves on a defender.

So what do you suppose was injured? Cuz it would've had to affect his throwing, AND his speed.

He appeared hesitant to pull the trigger on throws, and hesitant to take off and run. And he wasn't outrunning anyone, or making any moves on a defender.
Looked like the same injury that ended my football career - ovary bruise. He looked like a p&$@)y out there.

IMO, his issues looked physical, AND mental. Maybe it was an injury that was causing him to be unable to execute what he wanted to, physically.

Sure seemed like there was a whole smorgasbord of "off" with Martinez last year. We know there was the knee and (non-throwing?) shoulder issue with the surgery after the season. Maybe some other dings? But clearly seemed to be some between-the-ears issues too--decision making, confidence, etc was not the guy we saw the year before. Also seemed heavy and slower, although there were times you watched him and said "hey--that looked like the kid we saw tearing it up last year!"

Did the injuries and the mental impact of them combined with the line/snap issues early on just add up to be more that he could overcome? Will he be healed up physically enough to get back in the groove all around next year and then have the benefit of a (hopefully) improved line and improved depth and talent at WR?

Will be interesting to see how it all plays out. If Martinez is the starter--and we assume he will be--then we need him to the the superstar version we saw for much of 2018.

I wonder if the reported shoulder surgery after the season was related to an injury or if it was elective cosmetic surgery.

I wonder if the reported shoulder surgery after the season was related to an injury or if it was elective cosmetic surgery.

He's always been self conscious about how his right AC joint looks in comparison to his left AC joint. He's sensitive about it. The staff has done a great job keeping this hush, hush, but....well, it's out there now.

To the OP: WE HEAR YOU.....LOUD AND CLEAR.

I THINK SOMETHING HAPPENED TO ADRIAN, AS FAR AS INJURIES ARE CONCERNED, POSSIBLY AS EARLY AS THE COLORADO GAME. FROM THAT GAME ON, I DIDN'T EXPERIENCE HE HAD THAT, "GO OUT AND GIT 'EM" MENTALITY. I SUPPORT HIM 110%.
If that be the case, then he should not have been on the field. There were options. Chalk it up to coaching.

Last edited:

My "insider rumors" had Adrian being injured the week of practice before the opener...and then dealt with the injury or injuries all season.
I guess we'll know if this was indeed true on or about 9/5/20/
There was some personal issues also involved according to my ex husker neighbor. Don’t want to give specifics since it is not first hand info but I think most know what was out there

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back