• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

ADRIAN MARTINEZ

If that be the case, then he should not have been on the field. There were options. Chalk it up to coaching.
Seriously? He shouldn't be on the field if he isn't "feeling" it mentally after an injury. Every single player that has returned to the field has "concerns" about how they will handle the injured part. Its not uncommon for any player at any position to not be 100%. If you waited for them to be they will never play another down. This is not a coaching issue.

It looked pretty season ending to me. He didn't have very many good games all year. It will be nice to have more options this year.
His running improved as the year went along. Especially the last couple of games. Ironically it was at the same rate of improvement as the snaps and the offensive line play. That should tell you a lot right there.

Play the best players. Apparently, Martinez's injury was significant.

As a senior with 2 years starting experience, I broke a bone in my wrist and dislocated my thumb. Doctors looked things over and told me I could cast it and end my career, or play the year out and do it then, because additional damage was unlikely. I was limited in how I could shoot and it hurt like heck, but I was still the best inside defender and rebounder available, I knew my teammates and the offense better than my backup, so injury and all, I was a better choice.

There is more to the player than just being healthy. If it’s only about playing the healthiest guy, then you’d have every team with 80% new starters in the last half of the year.

I THINK SOMETHING HAPPENED TO ADRIAN, AS FAR AS INJURIES ARE CONCERNED, POSSIBLY AS EARLY AS THE COLORADO GAME. FROM THAT GAME ON, I DIDN'T EXPERIENCE HE HAD THAT, "GO OUT AND GIT 'EM" MENTALITY. I SUPPORT HIM 110%.
You and our coach both... hoping he plays better as the starter this year!

His running improved as the year went along. Especially the last couple of games. Ironically it was at the same rate of improvement as the snaps and the offensive line play. That should tell you a lot right there.
That isn't irony.

AM was stuck in mud right up until the end of the year. He couldn't cut or make anyone miss like he did his freshman year. Clearly something was up with his legs...hopefully, that's in the past.

AM was stuck in mud right up until the end of the year. He couldn't cut or make anyone miss like he did his freshman year. Clearly something was up with his legs...hopefully, that's in the past.

looked like once he got up to speed he was fine, but getting there and cutting took a lot longer than as a Frosh.

Similarly, he was never comfortable throwing last year.

He was just beaten up. By the time Vedral and McCaffrey could have kept stepping in, they both got hurt also.

giphy.gif

WHY ALL THE YELLING.

Last edited:
None of the QB's were healthy throughout the whole season. We do not have QB that can run the ball and survive the B1G. I think we need to protect our QB"s better in the pocket and not get the hits on our QB's

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back