• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Adrian in a sling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not me man. If they can play and help, use them. There is another QB coming this year. Some separation is good. There will be another one next year. Certain instances I would agree with you, but not this one.

We have different goals. You seek short term quick fixes. I want long term rebuilding. It would be nice to have both. But it’s not always possible.

Sure, yet you're convinced the coaches are wrong and you're not.
I never said that either. Personally, yes, I like him better. My opinion. Big deal. Isn’t that what this board is for? We only get to see what we see on game days. Maybe it’s just a hunch, but I like the kid, and Martinez is just a huge turn over machine. Maybe he’ll get better. I don’t know. That’s it. I see nothing wrong with what I said. I, like you, am behind coach Frost. That’s it.

We have different goals. You seek short term quick fixes. I want long term rebuilding. It would be nice to have both. But it’s not always possible.
Again, you aren’t grasping what I’m saying. Higher profile players these days aren’t going to wait long to play. You will lose them. Especially at the QB position. We’ve already seen it. Use them or you will lose them. Simple as that.

I never said that either. Personally, yes, I like him better. My opinion. Big deal. Isn’t that what this board is for? We only get to see what we see on game days. Maybe it’s just a hunch, but I like the kid, and Martinez is just a huge turn over machine. Maybe he’ll get better. I don’t know. That’s it. I see nothing wrong with what I said. I, like you, am behind coach Frost. That’s it.

I like McCaffrey too. Hope they all do well.

Frost has a huge challenge ahead for 2020 and it will be if nothing else interesting to see how he handles things. We have more questions than answers right now imo. There's only so many excuses and get out of jail cards available before fans and admin really start making some ugly noises. Granted he will get a lot more slack then almost anyone else but the program desperatly needs to show REAL progress. Only way we're ultimately judged is our W-L record which presently isn't looking good.

Bottom line for me is I bought into all the hype and Kool-aide the past 2 seasons but no more. Frost needs to find a winning combo for 2020, get the team to a bowl and deep 6 excuses. It's his team now and I will only be satisfied with Nebraska showing real progress.
I agree. AM has to stop the turnovers. Next season, one turnover could be the difference of winning or loosing the game! Several times when AM ran the ball he looked like he was afraid to get hit. He didn't run with the authority HCSF did when he was QB. If he hurt the same shoulder that caused him to sit out his H.S. senior year then he probably isn't as resiliant as we thought he was and we need him to be. McCaffrey or Vedral needs to take more snaps with the first team so they R ready to lead us to the wins HCSF needs and we want.

Last edited:
Again, you aren’t grasping what I’m saying. Higher profile players these days aren’t going to wait long to play. You will lose them. Especially at the QB position. We’ve already seen it. Use them or you will lose them. Simple as that.

Oh, I think I grasp what you are saying. I just think that the coach should play the best players that he thinks will result in the most wins. He should also always have an eye to the future, especially in a rebuilding.

playing players just to play them for fear of them leaving, as a guiding principle, is probably not going to achieve a high degree of success.

having said that, if LM is not starting QB next year, I would hope we will still see him on the field, given our lack of receiving threats.

Second, and I am not a start LM guy, is if AM can win the starting job as a true freshman then LM also should be able to know enough of the playbook as a true freshman to also play entire games with efficiency. I am curious as to how he tests out in the John Lennon QB test compared to AM and NV.
Thank you.

He hasn’t played enough to make a statement that he’s better. I like what I see but I liked how Martinez looked freshman year. Not one person thought Martinez would struggle this year. I’m not trying to be confrontational just stating the facts. I bet you thought Martinez was awesome until this season. I’m with you though McCaffrey looked good in limited time.
I didn’t think Martinez would struggle like he did. He did have a lot of turnovers his freshman year. Instead of improving upon those mistakes he made a lot more. It’s totally possible AM completely turns it around but it’s just as likely he doesn’t get over the yips, is perpetually injured etc.

A lot of his recover will be how confident he is that he won't re-injure the shoulder. The mental part has kept a lot of good players from fully returning to form.

Two things. Small guy gets hurt easier is nonsense and I already posted a study showing that with real world statistics, we can stop with that narrative.

Second, and I am not a start LM guy, is if AM can win the starting job as a true freshman then LM also should be able to know enough of the playbook as a true freshman to also play entire games with efficiency. I am curious as to how he tests out in the John Lennon QB test compared to AM and NV.

C
Freshman Martinez beat out a group of QB's who were also learning the offense at the same time. Big difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back