• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Adrian in a sling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Actually, I didn’t think he was anything special last year. My opinion only. He’s ok, but as of now, he remains a turnover machine, and an erratic player. That’s both years. McCaffery came in and made plays. Some in crucial situations. With the way the offense looked all year long, I’d have pulled his redshirt and let him see if he could win some games. Really had nothing to lose.

nothing to lose but a year of eligility that might be more valuable in the future than it seems now.

No I don’t like to lose, I’m just not arrogant enough to think I can sit in my recliner or in the stands on Saturday and determine more in 60 minutes of football than a group of professional football coaches can in months.
Which I never said btw. I, we, can only go on what we see. Simple as that.

nothing to lose but a year of eligility that might be more valuable in the future than it seems now.
Screw that. Keep recruiting one every year. At the QB position nowadays, the players that are good will leave if they don’t play. They won’t wait around. Look around, it’s happening everywhere. What you are suggesting is more relevant with lesser players who just aren’t ready to play for 2-3 years.

Screw that. Keep recruiting one every year. At the QB position nowadays, the players that are good will leave if they don’t play. They won’t wait around. Look around, it’s happening everywhere. What you are suggesting is more relevant with lesser players who just aren’t ready to play for 2-3 years.

All I suggested is that your assertion that there was "nothing to lose" was not accurate. There was a redshirt to lose. And if his redshirt had been burned, you and others on this board would not have hesitated to voice your displeasure at the decision to do so.

If McCaffrey considers transferring because he didn't replace AM at QB in his freshman year, he might not be a good fit for Nebraska. When he committed, he knew that AM was coming off a spectacular freshman campaign. Expecting to unseat the starter under those circumstances at a DIV I program is probably more hubris than our program can take right now. Further, in the amount of playing time he did get, he ended up injured. What makes anyone think he could have stood up to a B1G pounding all season?

Let's let Luke eat a sandwich or two and get him in the weight room so he can develop. (But don't make him so big he can't run.)

All I suggested is that your assertion that there was "nothing to lose" was not accurate. There was a redshirt to lose. And if his redshirt had been burned, you and others on this board would not have hesitated to voice your displeasure at the decision to do so.

If McCaffrey considers transferring because he didn't replace AM at QB in his freshman year, he might not be a good fit for Nebraska. When he committed, he knew that AM was coming off a spectacular freshman campaign. Expecting to unseat the starter under those circumstances at a DIV I program is probably more hubris than our program can take right now. Further, in the amount of playing time he did get, he ended up injured. What makes anyone think he could have stood up to a B1G pounding all season?

Let's let Luke eat a sandwich or two and get him in the weight room so he can develop. (But don't make him so big he can't run.)
Not me man. If they can play and help, use them. There is another QB coming this year. Some separation is good. There will be another one next year. Certain instances I would agree with you, but not this one.

I had been told Martinez was "hurting" and barely making it thru. Quite honestly I always assumed they were talking about his knee still with the way he was moving. Now it's his shoulder too. I'm not entirely sure what the answer should have been, but I don't know if this makes me feel better or worse about things. He started every game but two of them due to his knee injury, but didn't miss any time due to his shoulder. This was a "get our of jail free" card for Frost to let people know why we were seeing the struggles.

At least we have an answer on why he looked the way he did. Not entirely sure I like that we had yet another shoulder injury to our preseason Heisman candidate as the culprit.
I think we saw it happen. I’m not sure it was injured prior to that TD stretch he made.

Two things. Small guy gets hurt easier is nonsense and I already posted a study showing that with real world statistics, we can stop with that narrative.

Second, and I am not a start LM guy, is if AM can win the starting job as a true freshman then LM also should be able to know enough of the playbook as a true freshman to also play entire games with efficiency. I am curious as to how he tests out in the John Lennon QB test compared to AM and NV.

C

Last edited:

Two things. Small guy gets hurt easier is nonsense and I already posted a study showing that with real world statistics, we can stop with that narrative.

Second, and I am not a start LM guy, is if AM can win the starting job as a true freshman then LM also should be able to know enough of the playbook as a true freshman to also play entire games with efficiency. I am curious as to how he tests out in the John Lennon QB test compared to AM and NV.

C
...and who eats more at the Italian Wedding Feast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back