• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Adrian in a sling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did AM not run the offense with efficiency in 2018? It is irrelevant who his competition was as it looked like he was pretty good at running it. If he can do it then other true freshman QB's can as well.

C

Some for sure. I'm sure McCaffrey is smart enough to
have most of the offense down. I'm just pointing out that the situations that McCaffrey and Martinez were in are different. It will be harder for a freshman QB to beat out Martinez.

Some for sure. I'm sure McCaffrey is smart enough to
have most of the offense down. I'm just pointing out that the situations that McCaffrey and Martinez were in are different. It will be harder for a freshman QB to beat out Martinez.

I agree and that was not really were I was going with my original post. I was just pointing out to some who feel he was limited based on his first year in the program. Another good example is Trevor Lawrence and what he did as a true freshman.

C

No idea what you mean. Adrian is our QB for 2020 and we have no idea who will be our WRs for 2020 (thus why we took 5 WRs in the 2020 recruiting class). It's that simple.
Your eight ball must be alive and well because if it comes down to wins and loses there are other options. Adrian had a crap year and if it bleeds into next year, he will not survive as our starting QB. Good coaches are not afraid to sit a non performing player, maybe you saw different play than I did but there a plenty that would have sat him last year. That run out of bounds against Iowa was a thing of beauty.

Your eight ball must be alive and well because if it comes down to wins and loses there are other options. Adrian had a crap year and if it bleeds into next year, he will not survive as our starting QB. Good coaches are not afraid to sit a non performing player, maybe you saw different play than I did but there a plenty that would have sat him last year. That run out of bounds against Iowa was a thing of beauty.
I'm just telling you that Frost and Adrian are together thru the time Martinez is here. He will be our starter against Purdue if he's healthy. We lose games in season all bets are off, but Martinez is the starter to begin the season and you will here how great he looks now that he's healthy all offseason because that's what preseason fluff gives us.

I'm just telling you that Frost and Adrian are together thru the time Martinez is here. He will be our starter against Purdue if he's healthy. We lose games in season all bets are off, but Martinez is the starter to begin the season and you will here how great he looks now that he's healthy all offseason because that's what preseason fluff gives us.
I do not disagree with this post, BUT......you have to worry about an injury prone QB

I think if his health is where it needs to be, and he works on some things in the offseason to help keep himself healthy, he can turn the ship around. When your body won't allow you to function as you expect, and mistakes start piling up, the brain quits working as you'd expect as well. Most of last year I saw a guy who looked like he'd be uncomfortable playing catch in the backyard. His motion was less about throwing, and more about guiding or willing the ball to a spot. There are people I know who don't have the eye/hand coordination to look at a spot and just throw to it, but AM was able to do that most of his freshman year, so my hope is it really was a physical problem that caused last year. If it's between his ears, then he just might be permanently broken. Throwing yips are not an easy fix...just ask Chuck Knoblauch.

I think if his health is where it needs to be, and he works on some things in the offseason to help keep himself healthy, he can turn the ship around. When your body won't allow you to function as you expect, and mistakes start piling up, the brain quits working as you'd expect as well. Most of last year I saw a guy who looked like he'd be uncomfortable playing catch in the backyard. His motion was less about throwing, and more about guiding or willing the ball to a spot. There are people I know who don't have the eye/hand coordination to look at a spot and just throw to it, but AM was able to do that most of his freshman year, so my hope is it really was a physical problem that caused last year. If it's between his ears, then he just might be permanently broken. Throwing yips are not an easy fix...just ask Chuck Knoblauch.
I'm hoping it's mental due to injury. If his shoulder is messed up, then he's probably worrying about getting hit. Something that he wouldn't be worried about during practice and why he probably looks great during the week. That's the best excuse I can come up with.

I saw a guy in AM that:

1. was fat and out of shape.
2. looked injured.
3. looked disinterested.
4. ran into contact like he was wearing a Baby Bjorn w/baby instead of toting a football.
5. had poor throwing mechanics.

I’m not saying he was better, but LM looked at least like he cared and would compete to the bitter end. When AM went back in vs Iowa I thought all was lost. Didn’t see pulling it out in him. (Unintended joke). At least if LM would have stayed in and lost the game, he would have been gutted. That kid is a competitor. That is all I ask of the players. Try hard. LM or NV, whoever was better, should have had more opportunity this year.

The point that was made about Luke not planning on playing this last season was confusing. Was that a point about him not transferring or not feeling ready to play? Of course he didn’t expect to start as a true freshman or bust, but he definitely would have accepted the starting role if given to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back