• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

A crowded and talented WR room, who starts in game 1?

Hill probably goes back to defense, no? Belt is a grinder, but I think Rhule will want to leverage the athletes at receiver. Maybe he continues to be a backup in the slot or is down the chart at RB?

We will for sure lose 1 or more to the portal by the end of spring semester, Spring practice will reshuffle the order, and some will need to move along

I’d bet the house Kemp and Washington will start. I could see Fleeks and Betts backing them up.

The last WR needs to be a true deep threat. Coleman is my dark horse because of the D1 ready physique but several of the new players can flat out run. If you put enough deep threats out there, Kemp will get a ton of catches underneath. Very few defenders will be able to cover his routes.

I think Washington showed some flashes this season, but wasn't as consistent of a target as I would have liked to see. IGC offered a nice vertical threat, but didn't seem to be as productive on the shorter stuff. My hope is that Coleman lives up to the hype and can make an early impact (but starting Game 1 as a true freshman might be asking too much).

Most of the other guys, we just haven't seen a lot from yet. Brown and Betts have shown a touch, but haven't broken out yet.

My hope is that we focus on keeping our play makers out on the field more than we did last year. Too many snaps with guys like Palmer standing on the sideline. I would expect if we run the ball more, run blocking will make up a larger portion of the criteria for who plays than it did last season.

I have a feeling one of those starters may not even be on the team yet.

With that said, I am looking for a big year from Alante Brown. Kid has got the goods, but needs to prove he can block.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back