• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

A crowded and talented WR room, who starts in game 1?

I think this is not Kool-Aid and we will see a step up in speed and fundamentals.

Well, we're going to need all the talent we can garner Game 1, because Deion just flipped the #1 CB and now has a pair of 5-star CB's.

He's still a freshman and will need a lot of practice and experience same as someone like Malachi. Both seem to be exceptional athletes but as you know there's no guarantee when these kids step up to the next level from high school. I'm a lot more concerned with beating Minny at this point in time.

He's still a freshman and will need a lot of practice and experience same as someone like Malachi. Both seem to be exceptional athletes but as you know there's no guarantee when these kids step up to the next level from high school. I'm a lot more concerned with beating Minny at this point in time.
Hope this wonderkid of Neons didnt play in the Polynesian bowl, Neon and team may kick him off the team before he shows up

Can't wait until opening 2023 season. Huskers @ Rodents .... 221 days 15 hours 30 minutes :)

Last edited:
True. Especially the average 3 star. However, Malachi is a different specimen imo. At 6'4 200, adding 10-15 lbs this off-season should come fairly easily and has the frame to develop into a Terrell Owens type of athlete.

You don't need to look far to see that there were many Power 5 True Freshman who not only contributed at a high level but actually led their teams in receiving last year (Clemson, Arizona, Kentucky, Michigan had an outstanding TE which is a tough position to make an instant impact).

Damn, I'm a genius...

Do I get a badge or something for this?

Last edited:
A way too early thread on who starts, but the conservative has to start at some point. Its hard not to be excited about the potential. As of 1/16/23, this is the roster. I borrowed this from the scholarship tracker thread, so hat tip there. I left Rahmer Johnson off this list as I have no clue where he will end up.

Marcus Washington
Alante Brown
Isaiah Garcia-Costanada
Tommi Hill
Zavier Betts
Shawn Hardy
Janarian Bonner
Victor Jones
Malachi Coleman
Jordyn Doss
Jaylen Lloyd
Brice Turner
Billy Kemp
Joshua Fleeks
Brody Belt

Assuming the first play has 2 wide receivers and a slot, who starts game 1?

My guess:

WR: Marcus Washington and Zavier Betts
Slot: Billy Kemp

I am excited to see how MR develops and utilizes this room full of potential.

Any thoughts on a 2 deep?
The 3 best guys.

MC could grow into a TE. Can you imagine?
Nah, leave that position to the myriad of options we have there...I don't think he should be anymore than 225. Arik Gilbert is 255, Fidone is 235 but still needs to add muscle, and Smith Flores is only 210 and is too slow to play receiver in the B1G. Our TE's will be a huge factor in blocking. We need break-neck speed on the outside in Coleman or Betts with Washington & IGC on the opposite side and Kemp/Fleeks at slot. So long as we can ramp-up all of these receiver options on the development and learning side, we will have a ton of threats on the field. I'm really excited as I'm sure Casey Thompson, Jeff Sims, and Dylan Raiola are too... :Salute:

Last edited:
Nah, leave that position to the myriad of options we have there...I don't think he should be anymore than 225. Arik Gilbert is 255, Fidone is 235 but still needs to add muscle, and Smith Flores is only 210 and is too slow to play receiver in the B1G. Our TE's will be a huge factor in blocking. We need break-neck speed on the outside in Coleman or Betts with Washington & IGC on the opposite side and Kemp/Fleeks at slot. So long as we can ramp-up all of these receiver options on the development and learning side, we will have a ton of threats on the field. I'm really excited as I'm sure Casey Thompson, Jeff Sims, and Dylan Raiola are too... :Salute:

Well said. I am very hopeful that this talent is developed with tangible results next season. The potential, factoring in size, speed and athleticism is there for development. Add a legitimate run game and blocking, weapons are there.

Who else is excited for the spring game to see this group battle? Some changes to this position since this threat started, including Hill moving back to defense and Brown hitting the portal.

It won’t be Alante Brown. Anyone know why he is leaving? Was he encouraged to?

Alante is a solid player but I think he realized that he would struggle to make the two deep. I certainly wish him well as he is by all counts a good person with the ability to do well with the right team.

I am thinking we will have a lot of guys rotating and the ball will be spread around a bit. Maybe quite a few guys with 15+ catches.

We will be pretty multiple with our flexibility at TE and WR with all the different sizes and skillets.

I long for a player like Enunwa that will make some nice snags over the middle to keep the chains moving. Bonner?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back