• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

A crowded and talented WR room, who starts in game 1?

Adding Betts, IGC, Fleeks and Kemp to the room is quit nice. The group does not pop off the page with proven game changers, but it does have abundance of experience but none other than fleeks with this staff (sorta). A complete reset with Casey Thompson on the shelf as well neutralizing any comfort level that he would have achieved last year with Alanta Brown, IGC and obviously Washington.

Sitting good:
Brown
Belt

Don’t see either of these guys checking out

Portal once guys:
Washington
Kemp
Fleeks
Hill
IGC*
Betts*
probably aren’t hitting it again but they could drop down or quit football altogether.

2023 recruits:
Coleman (ath)
turner (ath)

doss (WR)
Lloyd (ath)
only doss is listed as WR, do they all start at WR or perhaps they realize there future is in another room?

2022 recruits:
Bonner
Jones
Time to make your move…

2021 recruit: redshirt sophomore?
Hardy
This will be season 3, if he don’t make a jump???

Yep nailed it!!

The 2 guys I Iisted as sticking are gone…who knew?

Last edited:
Hard to say what Nebraska has in either room until games are played this fall.

speculation-speculation.jpg

Last edited:

The athleticism at that position with those two is an absolute matchup nightmare.

Based on the fact that Coach Rhule has made it a point that they are going to run the ball, there is no better time than game one to establish that identity.
Back in the day the Pats 2 TE offense was a thing of beauty and a nightmare for opponents with Hernandez and Gronk. I believe we’re going to see it return this season for the Pats as O’Brien loves to run assuming he’s got the right players. Huskers could easy do it with the TE’s we have on our roster rightt now imo.

Back in the day the Pats 2 TE offense was a thing of beauty and a nightmare for opponents with Hernandez and Gronk. I believe we’re going to see it return this season for the Pats as O’Brien loves to run assuming he’s got the right players. Huskers could easy do it with the TE’s we have on our roster rightt now imo.
Stevenson could have a huge season for them.. I’ve always loved the two TE set. T banmilikan comes to mind in the mid 80’s. Guys can dream can’t we!

Not only am I expecting it, but I'd be shocked if we don't come out in 12 personnel with Kemp and Washington on the outside with Fidone and either Gilbert or Boerkircher as the TE'S.

Healthy dose of run heavy to set up the PA.
I'm looking forward to an offense that, hopefully, is more than Whip's "vanilla up the middle or deep to Palmer . . . or bust" plan. Need a return of commitment to the run and varying the run attack (including even just basic misdirection) and play action attacks with the TE much more involved.

Definitely some similarities between the two teams in terms of where their better players are positioned (TE). I love double tight sets when you have guys who are capable of catching the ball, but can also inline block effectively. Removes the predictability in play calling and puts the defense in a tough spot.

Reality is it looks like this...

Billy Kemp IV
Marcus Washington
Joshuah Fleeks
IGC

Then there is:

Does Zavier Betts have the want to play FB AND get on the field consistently?
Can Malichi Coleman get up to speed to get on the field as a true Freshman; how about the other incoming freshmen?

Reality is Kemp & Fleeks are coming in after down years (injuries?) and they are older players. Hopefully, no learning curve. Washington was Okay, not super spectacular. IGC disappeared after the first game in more ways than one.

I don't know that I think we are all that deep with talent. Our five veterans all have issues. Let's hope that our Tight Ends develop and are the real deal, we have a real QB run threat, and our running backs and line play is much, much improved.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back