• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

5 candidates to replace a possibility fired TM...

So NU ‘thinks big’ and invests millions on a new arena and practice facility. Will pay Miles 2.5 million just to leave. And you want them to ‘think small’ on a new hire? Makes zero sense. Strive for someone who has built a P5 program.

You keep saying "think small", which is so unbelievably incorrect. If you find the guy you want, and he happens to come from a mid-major, why wouldn't you hire him? Oh, sorry Mark McMahon, but Steve Alford is available and he's a well-established coach. It doesn't matter that he sucks as a coach, he's a name and we're "thinking big".
Just because Tim Miles failed doesn't mean the next guy will.

So NU ‘thinks big’ and invests millions on a new arena and practice facility. Will pay Miles 2.5 million just to leave. And you want them to ‘think small’ on a new hire? Makes zero sense. Strive for someone who has built a P5 program.
I want to know what successful power five coaches are available? Who do you think we can get? Do we poach someone currently coaching or someone else?

You keep saying "think small", which is so unbelievably incorrect. If you find the guy you want, and he happens to come from a mid-major, why wouldn't you hire him? Oh, sorry Mark McMahon, but Steve Alford is available and he's a well-established coach. It doesn't matter that he sucks as a coach, he's a name and we're "thinking big".
Just because Tim Miles failed doesn't mean the next guy will.
We have to get the right guy eventually! Law of averages is in our favor

I want to know what successful power five coaches are available? Who do you think we can get? Do we poach someone currently coaching or someone else?
Poach?

It is a coaching carousel in MBB. Who knows what Coach may be up for a move if they get a substantial raise.

I’m not afraid to discuss some names.
Musselman
Hoiberg
Thad Motta
Shaka Smart may be available or want to move.
Mick Cronin currently making 2.2 million. Would he move for a million dollar raise? No idea of his buyout.
Ritchie McKay. Not my cup of tea but just the kind of guy Moos may like. Bet they crossed paths in Oregon/Wash.
Long shots Chris Beard, Buzz Williams, Kelvin Sampson.
Tim Miles Not a given that Miles is gone.

Last edited:

surprised by the lack of rumblings... no unaccounted for Moos time / flights to philadelphia to meet our next hoops coach ala Frost? no cable company installs scheduled? come on you inner circle people, spill the beans....

;)

surprised by the lack of rumblings... no unaccounted for Moos time / flights to philadelphia to meet our next hoops coach ala Frost? no cable company installs scheduled? come on you inner circle people, spill the beans....

;)

He’s probably still hanging out with his son after his scrimmage.

Poach?

It is a coaching carousel in MBB. Who knows what Coach may be up for a move if they get a substantial raise.

I’m not afraid to discuss some names.
Musselman
Hoiberg
Thad Motta
Shaka Smart may be available or want to move.
Mick Cronin currently making 2.2 million. Would he move for a million dollar raise? No idea of his buyout.
Ritchie McKay. Not my cup of tea but just the kind of guy Moos may like. Bet they crossed paths in Oregon/Wash.
Long shots Chris Beard, Buzz Williams, Kelvin Sampson.
Tim Miles Not a given that Miles is gone.

I don't know that he would be a Big 10 guy, but John Thompson III has a final four, good recruiting, and wants back in.

I still think Nate Oats would be the best mid-major hire.

;)
Get with 2019! Cut the cable, it is HULU now! Or something similar.:Banana:

I don't know that he would be a Big 10 guy, but John Thompson III has a final four, good recruiting, and wants back in.

I still think Nate Oats would be the best mid-major hire.
I wouldn’t count Oats out. Just depends on the search criteria. Wouldn’t be shocked if they gave Miles another year Surprised, yes, but not shocked.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back