• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

5 candidates to replace a possibility fired TM...

TJ Otzelberger at SD State. He was THE recruiter at IState when Hoiberg was there. Much of Hoibergs success was due to the kids he inherited due to TJs recruiting and continued r3cruited during Hoibergs reign.

He could turn a program around in a hurry.

After his display in the Summit tournament with one of the best players in the history of the league and lose to an awful, awful 8 seed? Pass.

I've said this before, but I want to see what he can do w/out Daum before he'd even be a consideration. My hopes aren't too high considering what he did with Daum.

After his display in the Summit tournament with one of the best players in the history of the league and lose to an awful, awful 8 seed? Pass.

I've said this before, but I want to see what he can do w/out Daum before he'd even be a consideration. My hopes aren't too high considering what he did with Daum.

Some younger coaches I would like at, if that's the direction NU wants to go, is Matt McMahon from Murray State and Bob Richey from Furman. They both probably need a little more seasoning before jumping to a P5 job, but they are both excellent young coaches who run an exciting brand of basketball.

Don't necessarily disagree ... but I think SDSU had the same type of issues plaguing them that plagued NU ... extremely talented team that simply did not become cohesive enough.
Nevertheless much of IState's success this decade (not counting this year) was due to guys he recruited. He made them relevant at a place that might be tougher to recruit to than Lincoln.

Some younger coaches I would like at, if that's the direction NU wants to go, is Matt McMahon from Murray State and Bob Richey from Furman. They both probably need a little more seasoning before jumping to a P5 job, but they are both excellent young coaches who run an exciting brand of basketball.
A lot of suggestions for unqualified coaches.

A lot of suggestions for unqualified coaches.

Unqualified just because their last name isn't Calipari, Krzyzewski, Williams, Few, Self, or Wright? Again, you're really delusional if you think a big name coach is coming to Lincoln. Hoiberg is probably the biggest fish they'll go after, and I still don't think he'll come.
Not a lot of people thought Tony Bennett was a great hire a few years ago at UVA. I'm sure your clone in the Cavalier fanbase bemoaned that hire and thought his AD was being cheap.

Unqualified just because their last name isn't Calipari, Krzyzewski, Williams, Few, Self, or Wright? Again, you're really delusional if you think a big name coach is coming to Lincoln. Hoiberg is probably the biggest fish they'll go after, and I still don't think he'll come.
Not a lot of people thought Tony Bennett was a great hire a few years ago at UVA. I'm sure your clone in the Cavalier fanbase bemoaned that hire and thought his AD was being cheap.
"Bennett will never be the next Tony Holland until he consistently recruits 7'4" centers."--Oracle of Charlottesville

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back