• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

5 candidates to replace a possibility fired TM...

I’m not totally connected, so can someone answer my question in regards to our projected players for the 4 and 5 spots next year?
Ease my concern and obvious ignorance

Roby, if he returns, and Heiman are it. There will need to be a grad/JC transfer or two to avoid some ugly results next season. As much as poor offensive design has hampered the Huskers, the consistent inability to get/keep guys on the roster that can hold their own with the bigs most other B1G teams put on the floor has put a ceiling on program.

Last edited:
4 mil per? Really? Wow!! Hard to believe Moos would put up that kind of moolah!!
That would be pretty rich, but I’m sure that’s going to have some escalation over the life of the contract. Year 1 could be 3.2, with steady increases from there. There could be a pretty restrictive buyout that would give us some stability, or some nice cash to help with the next coach, should Hoiberg leave. Our only risk is if he’d come in and not perform. Knowing his history, I’d be comfortable with that risk.

That would be pretty rich, but I’m sure that’s going to have some escalation over the life of the contract. Year 1 could be 3.2, with steady increases from there. There could be a pretty restrictive buyout that would give us some stability, or some nice cash to help with the next coach, should Hoiberg leave. Our only risk is if he’d come in and not perform. Knowing his history, I’d be comfortable with that risk.

That's pretty close to the market rate, maybe a bit over. But much to the chagrin of someone, perhaps Moos is sending a message that NU is getting serious about bball.

Well if Hoiberg does come, I will freely admit I was wrong because I didn't think it would happen.

I’m not sure it happens, but I don’t doubt there’s been interest on both sides. I also think there would be other candidates that would make people, who are more than just casual fans, take notice that Nebraska wants to be top 1/2 to 1/3 of the B1G. That means bumping out one of the members of the club. Michigan, MSU, Purdue, Wiscy, Maryland, top 1/3, and even if we go top half, that’s replacing Iowa, Minnesota or OSU on any given year. Those are 8 teams with a healthy amount of tradition, and we aren’t even mentioning multi National Champion Indiana.

My point is, we need to be aggressive to make progress in a very strong conference. Otherwise we’ll continue to play the game of spoiler when others are having a down year.

Well, we can choose to Pstate, or we can choose to be Michigan.
What I mean is, we can choose to be a football school and accept that bball will always suck, or we can get serious about it.
I feel like we decided when we built PBA that we wanted to get serious about it. We just took a chance on an up and comer, and it didnt work.
Now we can decided to keep Miles, or keep hiring average coaches or we can open the pocket books and decided its time for NU BBALL to enter where teams like OU and michigan and Ohio ST and Wisonsin have done............which is decided we will be a bball school to some extent too and get it done.

Keeping miles doenst do that. this will move and hire will Define Bill Moos at NU IMO, as the hiring of SF had little to do with Moos

It's 10:00 central. I'm surprised we haven't gotten a release or press conference time - miles is getting let go today right??

If Hoiberg is the hire, that is the absolute best hire Nebraska could reasonably be expected to make. That would be 100/100. Give him a year to bring in some transfers and wait for success to happen. NU will win a tourney game within 3 years.

Caii.gif

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back