• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4 Star DT Nash Hutmacher Is N (Top 247)

Unlike, we need all the help we can get in football and having him spend 100% of his time and training on football should be very fruitful for us
Agree but having a heavyweight wrestler that has been ranked #2 last year and now #1 in the nation would be of great benefit for the NU wrestling program and hopefully to NU Defense!

Last edited:
Agree but having a heavyweight wrestler that has been ranked #2 last year and now #1 in the nation would be of great benefit for the NU wrestling program and hopefully to NU Defense!

Wouldn't he have to yo-yo his weight though? I can't imagine that would be good for his body. But I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to wrestle, especially with Nebraska wrestling coming on strong.

Wouldn't he have to yo-yo his weight though? I can't imagine that would be good for his body. But I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to wrestle, especially with Nebraska wrestling coming on strong.
Usually can't do both effectively although I remember Oklahoma had a guy who did both. He was an All-Big Eight offensive guard for OU coach Barry Switzer and a All-American heavyweight wrestler

Last edited:

Usually can't do both effectively although I remember Oklahoma had a guy who did both. He was an All-Big Eight offensive guard for OU coach Barry Switzer and a All-American heavyweight wrestler

And he likely played OG at around 280, Nash will likely be playing around 40 lbs heavier

If they planned on him playing DE I might agree with this. Because he could play that at 285. However; They want him at NG/DT that is 300+. By his senior year probably 335. He can not do that and wrestle. Would be fun to have him and Bryce Benhart go at it in the wrestling room just for fun.

Haven't we already thrown enough logic on this argument for wanting him to do both sports to have put the notion to bed?
No.

Last edited:

If asking a kid to lose 30+ pounds immediately following football - basically in less than a month while missing winter conditioning - to compete in wrestling's regular season that ends in February, then asking him to regain that weight immediately following post season competition that ends in March for football's spring practices that start the same month, all while making sure to gradually increase strength and technique in the sport he actually has a scholarship to play, at a position that will require him to go against two 300+ pound grown men in the Big Ten every snap and be relied on to be effective and do his job as the most important piece of a 3-4 defense isn't enough logic for you then ignorance is truly bliss.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back