• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4 Star DT Nash Hutmacher Is N (Top 247)

Maybe he will have a career similar to Maliek Collins. He was a big time wrestler in high school and did alright as defensive lineman here. Except for leaving early!!

Last edited:
Based on how he looks, he is somewhere north of 300 but south of 325,... and he's still carrying a lot of babyfat.

Don't worry too much about his sack stats. I know coaches who coached against him, and they literally assigned 3-4 interior linemen to block him and didn't run inside because a) they couldn't, and b) the rest of Hutmacher's team (Chamberlain) was bad enough that there was no point in NOT running away from him. NOBODY sat in the pocket and passed, hoping he wouldn't pressure them. My wife teaches at an opponent's high school, and a couple of their better players called in "sick" that week because they didn't want to be embarrassed by him. Even with all of that, he still did some super-human stuff where he tossed multiple linemen around and made plays. There literally wasn't a team he played this year that ran at him, and if they had tried that, they would have had to stop the game to clean up the jock and pants of the RB who was supposed to carry the ball.
Second coming of Suh??

Second coming of Suh??
He doesn't have Suh's explosiveness, but he's on track to be stronger than Suh by the time he's done. If he had Suh's first step/quickness, he would be a one-in-a-lifetime kind of player. He's not that, but--apart from injury--he'll play a lot at Nebraska, probably including 4 games next year, and he's going to stuff the middle for the next few years.

Last edited:
He doesn't have Suh's explosiveness, but he's on track to be stronger than Suh by the time he's done. If he had Suh's first step/quickness, he would be a one-in-a-lifetime kind of player. He's not that, but--apart from injury--he'll play a lot at Nebraska, probably including 4 games next year, and he's going to stuff the middle for the next few years.

Suh is an insane athlete -- 307 lbs at the combine. 4.44 shuttle, 4.98 40, 35 1/2" vertical!

Agree about Nash, huge and powerful guy to clog the middle. Seems to have good feet and balance and has potential to use his hands well.. I'm really, really happy we have him coming in. 4 games next year sounds good to me!

Suh is an insane athlete -- 307 lbs at the combine. 4.44 shuttle, 4.98 40, 35 1/2" vertical!

Agree about Nash, huge and powerful guy to clog the middle. Seems to have good feet and balance and has potential to use his hands well.. I'm really, really happy we have him coming in. 4 games next year sounds good to me!

Ndamukong Suh is the most impressive physical specimen I've ever seen for a defensive tackle at the college level. The one guy who I'd put 1B is Washington's Steve Emtman. At his pro day, he jumped 36.5", did 29 reps and ran a 4.85-40. Numbers he was disappointed in because he'd routinely done better.

I've always said the most dominant defensive tackles I ever saw play college football were Emtman, Suh and Warren Sapp.

Ndamukong Suh is the most impressive physical specimen I've ever seen for a defensive tackle at the college level. The one guy who I'd put 1B is Washington's Steve Emtman. At his pro day, he jumped 36.5", did 29 reps and ran a 4.85-40. Numbers he was disappointed in because he'd routinely done better.

I've always said the most dominant defensive tackles I ever saw play college football were Emtman, Suh and Warren Sapp.
So you are saying that it's a little early to compare this kid to Suh lol!!!

That seems like a good list. Emtman getting hurt right away as a pro took away a lot of his shine, but he was a beast. Suh and Sapp were as devastating as they come.

That seems like a good list. Emtman getting hurt right away as a pro took away a lot of his shine, but he was a beast. Suh and Sapp were as devastating as they come.

Emtman deserved the Heisman in '91. Loved watching him play. That Husky defense was one of the best I've ever seen and that squad was the best I'd seen until the '95 Huskers came along.

IMO, had he not blew out his knee and struggled with injuries, Emtman would have been a Hall of Famer.

By his senior year i do not see any teams running up the middle on him. Not sure where he will be o. Pass rush. He is such a good wrestler that I see him shedding blocks and making tackles pretty early. Pass rush also takes speed and agility not just stregth. He will limit running but i do not see him as a sack machine Suh was.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back