• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4-star (#13 Ranked JUCO Player) DE Commits To Cal

How much of it is because pretty much EVERY Freshman got to play this year with the new rule change?
How much is pretty much?

Pretty much a 1/3 of EVERY freshman from the 2018 class was injured this year.

Ya know, pretty much everyone made it off of the Titanic too, but that doesn't mean there weren't problems with the management of the ship.

100% fair

I know Zach personally, I was an athlete of his previously at Nebraska, so take my bias with a grain of salt....

I’m a huge Zach fan and wish Boyd would have gotten his way when Riley was hired. However perhaps we wouldn’t be in the position we are now with Frost? Who knows...

Like an coach though, I’m a firm believer you should give everyone 3 seasons to make an impact.
I'm not saying anything negative about Zach. I'm saying that many injuries to one class is unusual and might be cause for concern.

This is so true. The recruit that most excited this board in years — Bookie — has struggled mightily in the Oklahoma defensive backfield. Doesn’t mean he won’t live up to the hype in the future.

I guess what baffled me watching Bookie against WV was how slow he looked. Yes he got beat, but he just looked like he had a slow blinker. Maybe he is hurt? At least when you see L. Jackson, it's not like someone just runs away from him when they have him beat. I also admire that L. Jackson took his demotion and then decided to change some things to get better.

I guess what baffled me watching Bookie against WV was how slow he looked. Yes he got beat, but he just looked like he had a slow blinker. Maybe he is hurt? At least when you see L. Jackson, it's not like someone just runs away from him when they have him beat. I also admire that L. Jackson took his demotion and then decided to change some things to get better.
I watched the game too and was blow away how many times they just blew by that kid like his feet were concrete. Consistently 2 steps behind.

He may be swimming in it a bit. Not sure how complicated his role is in that defense. As we learned last year under Diaco. Not understanding your role can make you look VERY slow.

He may be swimming in it a bit. Not sure how complicated his role is in that defense. As we learned last year under Diaco. Not understanding your role can make you look VERY slow.
This!

You also can't discount he's playing a position he's unfamiliar with. I never understood the move to safety at all. And I remember many instances where Lamar Jackson, during his younger years, looking extremely slow and unsure of himself.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back